There’s nothing better than that sweet and salty combination…that’s why these salted chocolate chip cookies are the best!
On a chilly winter weekend, is there anything better than staying inside and baking your favorite cookies? The smell of chocolate chip cookies wafting through the house makes for a very cozy and comforting scene.
These vegan salted chocolate chip cookies are a family favorite. They’re the absolute perfect combination of salty and sweet. The melted chocolate chips, the sweet, buttery cookies, and the sprinkle of sea salt make the perfect afternoon treat.
These cookies are just right for dunking in a glass of cold milk (dairy free of course), and they’re also perfect for packing in lunches. If you aren’t a fan of the salty/sweet combination, you can just skip the sprinkle of salt on top.
These salted chocolate chip cookies work well with spelt flour, but you can also use a gluten free flour blend like King Arthur or Namaste if you need to be gluten free. If you’d rather just use all-purpose flour, that’s fine, too.
I like the dairy free mini chocolate chips for this recipe, but feel free to use a larger size chip or chunk if you prefer.
No matter how you make these, they are sure to become a new favorite! They’re hard to stop eating – so be prepared to make a double batch!
Salted Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons vanilla non-dairy yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups white spelt flour or gluten free flour blend
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt plus extra sea salt for sprinkling
- 3/4 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the vegan buttery spread and the sugars in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla non-dairy yogurt and the vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- Stop the mixer and add the flour, baking soda, and 1/3 teaspoon salt. Mix on low speed until combined.
- Stir in the dairy free chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter onto the prepared cookie sheet and sprinkle some sea salt on top of each cookie.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 9-11 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet before moving to a cooling rack or serving tray.