Vegan cowboy cookies are loaded with oats, coconut, chocolate chips, and pumpkin seeds! A wonderful vegan cookie for a snack or dessert.
I have a special place in my heart for these vegan cowboy cookies. They’re everything I love about cookies. Thick, chewy, loaded with chocolate chips and oats, and just plain delicious.
I’ve made these vegan cowboy cookies several times now, and I just had to share the recipe with you. I’ve made a few adjustments from this recipe. They are so good…the chocolate, coconut and pumpkin seed combination makes for a scrumptious cookie. I did reduce the amount of both sugars, and even subbed coconut sugar for the brown sugar. I also used spelt flour. These are delicious and go fast!
Looking for more vegan cookies? Try these salted chocolate chip oatmeal cookies.
Vegan Cowboy Cookies.
- 3/4 cup vegan buttery spread
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup whole spelt flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups dairy free chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the vegan buttery spread, coconut sugar, cane sugar, and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until creamy. Add the unsweetened applesauce and mix together.
- Add the spelt flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt, and mix on low speed to combine.
- Turn off the mixer and stir in the chocolate chips, oats, coconut, and pumpkin seeds. Stir by hand to combine.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop the dough onto the lined cookie sheet - you should be able to fit about 8 cookies on a sheet - these are large!
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes, until golden brown. Do not overbake.
- Repeat with remaining batter. Cookies will keep for a week in an airtight container.
I want to find a good vegan shortbread recipe next…has anybody tried one and liked it?