This spring green salad is bursting with fresh flavors! From the juicy, ripe blackberries, to the lemon poppy seed dressing, to the sweet apples and tender grilled chicken, this is sure to be a favorite meal this season!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Driscoll’s Berries. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support my blog!
At the end of winter, I must admit, my desire to be in the kitchen starts to wane. I’ve grown tired of the casseroles and slow cooker soups, and I’m done with the root vegetables and other winter produce. I’m ready to move on, ready to cook something new, fresh, and spring like.
Thankfully, there’s no end to the inspiration available in the produce aisle right now! I was so happy to grab some plump, juicy, Driscoll’s organic blackberries at the store the other day.
Now, I love blackberries – I love to bake with them, and I love to eat them by the handful! But I decided to try something a little different this time. I wanted to give blackberries a try in a savory recipe. I was so glad I did! These large, sweet, organic blackberries paired perfectly well with the crunchy apples, tender chicken, and lemon poppy seed dressing, all layered over a light spring green salad.
There’s just something about a nice lemon dressing that brings out the deep, rich, berry flavor of Driscoll’s blackberries. The combination just says spring to me. And with the addition of apples and chicken breast tenderloins, you have a light and healthy meal that will keep you satisfied.
Fresh blackberries add lots of fiber, vitamin C, magnesium, and potassium to this salad. As you may guess by looking at their deep, rich hue, blackberries are full of antioxidants – making them a great addition to your meals.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Spring Green Salad with Blackberries, Grilled Chicken, and Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing.
- 6 ounces Driscoll’s Blackberries 1 package or 1 ¼ cups
- 1 apple sliced very thin
- 4 cups mixed salad greens
- ½ pound chicken tenderloins
- Heat your grill to medium high heat. Grill the chicken tenderloins for about 7-10 minutes, turning once, until an internal temperature of 165 degrees is reached. Alternatively, you can cook them indoors using a grill pan or George Foreman Grill.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small jar with a lid. Shake well.
- Place the salad greens on two plates. Top with the grilled chicken, sliced apple, and blackberries.
- Drizzle the dressing on top. Serve immediately.
If you love fresh and colorful salads, try my rainbow salad.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy blackberries?