This creamy double chocolate nice cream is easy to make without an ice cream maker, and it’s dairy free! You’ll be surprised at how delicious this simple dessert is, and it takes just minutes to make.
When the weather is just too hot, it’s time to make a delicious homemade frozen dessert. We love summer treats like ice cream pie or black forest ice cream, but sometimes it’s nice to keep it simple with nice cream made in a food processor.
We often make banana ice cream at our house. It’s such a quick and easy way to enjoy a sweet treat. And it’s a great way to eat a variety of fruits, too. We love blueberry nice cream and peach nice cream.
- Bananas – Ripe bananas will give this recipe the best flavor. The main thing is to slice the bananas into coins and freeze them ahead of time.
- Cocoa Powder – I used Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder for this recipe. Use whatever brand works for your specific needs.
- Maple Syrup – Depending on how ripe the bananas are, and your personal preference, you may need more or less maple syrup to sweeten this ice cream.
- Chocolate Chips – Enjoy Life and PASCHA Chocolate make wonderful dairy free, allergy friendly chocolate chips and chunks. Any of their chocolate chips will work wonderfully in this ice cream.
I like to make banana ice cream in a food processor. A good processor makes it easy to puree frozen bananas. A powerful blender, like a Vitamix, would also work very well.
As you pulse the mixture, the bananas will get chunky first, then will become little balls, then will become smooth and creamy, with the consistency of soft serve ice cream. It only takes a few minutes before frozen bananas turn into a delicious dessert.
You can customize this nice cream any way you like. You can add berries, pineapple, coconut flakes, chocolate, chocolate chips, peanut butter, sunbutter…the list goes on!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Double Chocolate Banana Nice Cream.
- Place the banana coins, cocoa powder, and maple syrup in a food processor. If you are using peanut butter or sun butter, add that at this time as well.
- Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy – this may take a few minutes. You may need to stop the processor and scrape down the sides.
- Stir in the chocolate chips, and any other mix ins.
- Serve immediately.