Chicken teriyaki rice noodles is a tasty meal that your family will love! Filled with colorful veggies, and soaked in a tasty sweet sauce, this meal is sure to be a favorite!
If you want to see a happy Kelly, just give me a big bowl of rice noodles with a really flavorful sauce and lots of veggies.
I love to make noodles at home. I love to order noodles when I’m out as well, but it’s just so fun to make your own noodly, saucy dishes.
If you use the rice sticks and make a nice sauce, these chicken teriyaki rice noodles taste a lot like take out, but without the expense! Plus you can control what goes in the sauce and how much sodium there is. We love to include lots of chicken and vegetables, and lots of sauce so that everything is nicely coated.
I know sometimes people get nervous about preparing the rice sticks, but I haven’t had a big problem with these – I try to get the Dynasty brand, and it seems to work well. I usually just pour super hot water over them and they are good to go after about 15 minutes. If you let them soak for too long they may get gummy, and that’s not a good quality. I also stir them around a little while they are soaking so they don’t stick together.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Teriyaki Chicken Rice Noodles.
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper sliced thin
- 1 green pepper sliced thin
- 2 Tablespoons white wine
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup tamari sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces rice stick noodles
- In a large skillet cook the garlic and chicken breast in the olive oil over medium heat.
- Place the rice sticks in a large bowl and pour very hot water over them. Set aside to soak for about 10-15 minutes.
- Once the chicken is almost cooked through, add the sliced peppers and cook for about five minutes.
- Add the white wine, honey, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Reduce heat to medium low and stir often.
- Cook for about 5 minutes. Drain the rice noodles and add to the pan. Stir well and cook for a few minutes to let the noodles absorb the sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Chicken teriyaki rice noodles are:
- gluten free and dairy free
- easy to make
- a tasty alternative to take out
What’s your favorite easy and quick dinner?