Vegan double chocolate mini muffins are a sweet treat that will become a family favorite! Perfect for packing in lunches!
How’s everyone doing with the time change? We’re doing okay, although Baby Bee seems to have dropped a nap, and is now down to just one very long nap at about noon. It’s taking a few days to adjust…and a bit more chocolate has been necessary.
I realized that I didn’t have a chocolate muffin recipe, so I played around a little and came up with these vegan double chocolate mini muffins.
I added some almond meal for a little extra nutrition, and of course these are egg free, but they don’t taste that way. If you can’t do almond meal, go ahead and add a little more oat flour.
These double chocolate mini muffins are so decadent, no one would ever guess they are vegan. That’s my goal with vegan treats…it’s fine with me that we don’t eat dairy or eggs, but I don’t want our treats to taste like they are lacking anything. If we are eating dessert, I want it to be a treat…if it can be healthier, that’s great, but I still want it to taste awesome.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Double Chocolate Mini Muffins - Vegan.
These sweet double chocolate mini muffins are gluten free and vegan.
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed
- 6 Tablespoons water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup oat flour regular flour or gluten free flour would work
- ½ cup almond meal or use more oat flour, or ground pumpkin seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 Tablespoons water
- ⅓ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a mini muffin tin with paper liners.
- Mix ground flax seed and water and let sit until it gels up.
- Mix butter, flax eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add dry ingredients, mix.
- Add water as needed and stir until batter reaches a good, thickish muffin consistency.
- Mix in chocolate chips and scoop batter into lined mini muffin tins.
- Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
You can make your own oat flour, or purchase it.
Calories: 96kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 68mgPotassium: 41mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 185IUCalcium: 14mgIron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Leave a comment below and tag @prettybeeblog on instagram!
These vegan and gluten free double chocolate mini muffins are:
- perfectly sized for lunchboxes
- a great treat to make on the weekend
- dairy free, egg free, and allergy friendly