Tender and fluffy gluten free chocolate chip banana muffins – these are a perfect snack or dessert!
These were declared. “The best muffins you’ve ever made!” by Darryl last week. They were yummy…but how can you go wrong with chocolate and banana? You can’t. It’s just not possible. :) Of course it’s best to use really ripe, brown bananas…that way you get the natural sweetness of banana and a fuller flavor.
Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend or regular flour if you don’t need to be gluten free
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup organic canola oil
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed plus 6 Tablespoons water: mix and let sit until it gels up
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 2 ripe bananas mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners. Make the flax eggs: combine the ground flax seed and water in a small jar and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the canola oil and sugar. Add the flax eggs, mashed bananas and vanilla, stirring until well blended.
- Add the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Add the chocolate chips, then stir again.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin and bake for approximately 20-24 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Inspired by this recipe.
I just love these warm out of the oven! Topped with some vegan buttery spread…so delicious. They would even be great as a dessert with some vanilla ice cream.
Enjoy…these didn’t last long at our house!
These gluten free banana chocolate chip muffins are:
- easy to make
- perfect for packing in lunches
- delicious warm from the oven
- allergy friendly and vegan
I have made these muffins with a few different gluten free flour blends, and they have turned out well each time. I like Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour, Namaste Perfect Flour Blend, and King Arthur Gluten Free Multi Purpose Flour (affiliate links).