These vegan zucchini muffins are light and fluffy and perfect for a weekend breakfast!
This summer was the first time we ever had a serious vegetable garden. And by serious, I guess I mean that we were serious about not letting it get taken over by weeds. We only planted tomatoes (cherry, heirloom, roma and beefsteak), tomatillos, peppers and zucchini. The tomatoes are still going strong, but everything else is done. However, I had two HUGE zucchinis sitting on my counter all last week, and I knew that something had to be done with them.
I wound up making a couple different kind of muffins on Friday. This vegan zucchini muffin recipe has a traditional zucchini bread flavor, and is light and tender.
The zucchini and the applesauce keep these muffins very moist, even over a few days. Of course, they’re so good, they usually don’t last very long! I’ve made them twice now, and this is a new favorite breakfast muffin in our house.
These vegan zucchini muffins are:
- lightly spiced
- delicious when warm and topped with vegan buttery spread
- perfect for a brunch or luncheon
Vegan Zucchini Muffins.
- 1 3/4 cups white spelt flour you can use all purpose flour, spelt is what works for our family
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/2 cup lightly packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups grated zucchini
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce I actually used a Go-Go Apple Squeezer!
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup canola oil
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper liners
Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
Add the wet ingredients, including zucchini, being careful not to overmix.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 of the way full. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let cool then enjoy!
So I actually still have a whole zucchini left over…maybe zucchini bread next? Or cookies?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Dairy Free Buttercream Frosting. - October 14, 2017
- Easy Dairy Free Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten Free, Vegan). - October 9, 2017
- Red Pepper White Bean Dip. - October 3, 2017