Gluten free chocolate zucchini muffins are a delicious treat to enjoy for breakfast or for a snack!
I have another zucchini recipe for you!
This time we are having a sweet treat to celebrate. Thank you so much for your sweet comments on this post. It was a rough week last week, and I appreciate your kind words. But, good news! My mom will be back home tomorrow…she was in the hospital for two weeks, but she’s getting stronger, and she’s able to head home. Hooray!
We had someone give us a couple of zucchinis, so I’ve been trying to use them up. Maybe you are in a similar situation…if so, I highly recommend these gluten free chocolate zucchini muffins. The are so rich and chocolatey, and best of all, they’re gluten free and vegan!
I used a mixture of oat flour and gluten free flour in these. The oat flour helps keep these chocolate zucchini muffins super moist, and it’s a healthy grain, too.
Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Muffins.
These gluten free chocolate zucchini muffins are a rich, chocolatey treat!
- 2 Tablespoons ground flax seed meal
- 6 Tablespoons water
- 3/4 cups zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup gluten free oat flour
- 3/4 cup gluten free flour blend
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup organic canola oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup dairy free chocolate chips plus a 1/3 of a cup for on top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tin with paper cupcake liners.
- In a small bowl, make the flax eggs: Mix the flax seed and water together and let sit for a few minutes until it forms a gel.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add the flax eggs, the canola oil, the zucchini, and the 1/4 cup of water. Mix well, and add a bit more water if it seems too dry.
- Stir in the 2/3 cup of dairy free chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
These gluten free chocolate zucchini muffins are:
- perfect for packing in school lunches
- free of the top 8 allergens
- decadent, rich, and delicious!
These were really good, and they sure didn’t last long over here. :)
Have you made any zucchini recipes lately?