Creamy, easy, delicious spinach dip is perfect for parties and gatherings!
Sooo…the Super Bowl is coming up! Um, right? Isn’t it at the end of January or something?
I’m really not a sports person, and have never gone to a Super Bowl party, but Pinterest tells me that’s a thing, so I thought now would be a good time to share a dip recipe that I love with you.
My favorite hot dip from before I went dairy free was a hot cheesy spinach dip. It was SO good. Like, I would make it, and then just park myself in front of it for the entire party. I made an attempt to recreate it once before with non-dairy cheese and vegan mayo, and it just didn’t fly. It was too oily, and not the same at all. Sad face.
But…I decided that I would give it a try again, use less ingredients,and just keep it simple. Guess what? It worked! It’s amazing, and I really don’t think anyone could tell that this is dairy free. And once again, I just parked myself in front of the bowl and scarfed up the cheesy, spinach-y goodness. :)
Even better is the fact that you can make this on the stove top in just one pan. It’s quick and easy, so in just a few minutes, you will have a hot, cheesy, veggie filled, spinach dip. It’s creamy, colorful, and such a crowd pleaser!
If you are vegan, or have vegan friends or family, you have to make this dip. If you are not vegan, then you STILL need to make this dip, but go ahead and use regular pepper jack cheese. Either way, make this dip, ASAP! :)
- 2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 5 cups frozen chopped spinach
- ⅔ teaspoon garlic powder
- two bricks Daiya jalapeno havarti cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk (from the refrigerator section)
- more red bell pepper for garnish
- tortilla chips
- In a large pot, cook the chopped red pepper in the olive oil over medium heat. Once the pepper is soft, add the spinach, and stir until it starts to thaw.
- Add the coconut milk and garlic powder and cook until heated through.
- Add the cubed Daiya cheese, and stir constantly until melted and creamy.
- Pour the dip into a serving dish and top with more chopped red pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Enjoy! Do you do Super Bowl parties? What do you serve?