Easy vegan spinach dip is perfect for parties and gatherings. This creamy, flavorful dip is a tasty appetizer that everyone loves. Serve it with tortilla chips, crackers, or fresh veggies.
Appetizers are so fun, aren’t they? When we used to eat out at restaurants more frequently, appetizers were my favorite thing on the menu.
My very favorite dip from before I went dairy free was a hot cheesy spinach dip. It was creamy, salty, and delicious. I knew I needed to find a way to recreate this tasty dip and make it allergy friendly.
This vegan spinach dip is easy to make in just one pan. Before you know it, you will have a hot, cheesy, veggie filled, spinach dip. It’s creamy, colorful, and such a crowd pleaser!
- Vegan Cheese – I used the Daiya Jalapeno Havarti Style Block. This block has a lot of flavor – it’s spicy and delicious. If you don’t want the dip to be on the spicy side, you will want to use a different cheese.
- Frozen Spinach – Frozen spinach is a good choice here because it’s already rinsed and finely chopped.
- Non-Dairy Milk – I recommend using a neutral tasting non-dairy milk for best results. Unsweetened coconut milk or rice milk would work well. If you can have soy or tree nuts, soy milk or almond milk would also work.
Choosing Vegan Cheese
There are so many vegan cheese substitutes available these days. I chose the block style cheese from Daiya. Daiya is a brand that works for our family’s allergies. If you have a different cheese that works for you, feel free to try it!
Using the block cheese means that you need to cut it into small chunks, and it does take a little longer to melt, but I find that the flavor of this cheese is worth the extra work. If you have some vegan cheese shreds you like, feel free to use them if you prefer.
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook the chopped pepper in the olive oil until it starts to soften.
- Add the spinach and cook until it starts to thaw, then add the non-dairy milk, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Add the cubes of vegan cheese, and stir until it melts. This may take awhile depending on the type of vegan cheese you are using.
- Pour the dip into a serving dish and top with chopped red pepper. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Store leftover spinach dip in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for about 4 days.
I don’t recommend freezing this dip. Freezing and then reheating the dip may result in a watery texture.
More Appetizer Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Quick and Easy Vegan Spinach Dip.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper finely chopped
- 16 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 ounces Daiya jalapeno havarti cheese cut into small cubes
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ¼ cup non-dairy milk I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- more red bell pepper for garnish
- tortilla chips
- In a large pot, cook the chopped red pepper in the olive oil over medium heat. Once the pepper is soft, add the spinach, and stir until it starts to thaw.
- Add the non-dairy milk, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and cook until heated through.
- Add the cubed Daiya cheese, and stir constantly until melted and creamy. This may take a while, but the cheese will melt.
- Pour the dip into a serving dish and top with more chopped red pepper.
- Serve with tortilla chips.