These garlic roasted potatoes are simply the best! If you love garlic, you will love this easy vegan recipe. Nutritional yeast gives these potatoes a great cheesy flavor.
We love potatoes at our house. We really do.
If we have people over, potatoes are probably on the menu! They’re so versatile.
Today I want to share another favorite – these cheesy garlic roasted potatoes. These are cheesy-tasting, but not from dairy cheese! They get their savory flavor from nutritional yeast.
These are made with Yukon Gold potatoes and a good amount of fresh garlic resulting in a deliciously savory and buttery flavor.
Type of Potatoes
I love making roasted potatoes with Yukon Gold potatoes. They have a naturally buttery flavor that’s so delicious. If you don’t have that variety, you could also use red skin potatoes. They would also work well.
Nutritional yeast is a pretty common ingredient that adds cheesy flavor to vegan recipes. If you can’t find a brand that works for your dietary needs, you can leave it out if you like. Nutritional yeast is gluten free, and a good source of protein, fiber, and B vitamins.
Tips for Success
- Use a rimmed cookie sheet to make sure the oil doesn’t drip into the oven.
- Line the pan with parchment paper to make cleanup easier.
- Stir the potatoes often throughout cooking time to make sure they cook evenly.
Store leftover potatoes in the refrigerator. They should stay fresh for about 4 days. You can reheat them in the microwave or in the oven at 350 degrees. If you use the oven, they will probably be a little crispier than if you use the microwave.
More Side Dish Recipes
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Cheesy Garlic Roasted Potatoes (Dairy Free).
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper (optional, but it helps prevent sticking).
- Peel and dice the potatoes and place in a large bowl.
- Pour the olive oil over the potatoes, and put the crushed garlic, salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast on top.
- Mix the ingredients well, and then pour out onto the baking sheet. Spread the potatoes out in an even layer.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 50 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- The potatoes are done when they are tender inside and golden brown on the outside. Season with more salt before serving if desired.