These gluten free cherry crumble bars are incredibly simple to make. They work wonderfully with fresh or frozen cherries. Make these delicious, buttery, fruity bars today!
These cherry crumble bars are a simple dessert to make. They aren’t fussy – the oatmeal crumb crust is delicious but doesn’t have to be perfect looking. Sweet cherries are a delicious filling that’s sandwiched between two layers of buttery crumble. If you like, you can enjoy these bars with a scoop of your favorite dairy free ice cream.
- Certified Gluten Free Oats – You want to make sure that the oats you buy are certified gluten free. Be sure to check the label – there are many brands available that are certified. I buy GF Harvest Oats from Amazon. They are made in an allergy friendly facility.
- Vegan Buttery Spread – I like Earth Balance Soy Free Vegan Buttery Spread. You can use any brand that works for your dietary needs. If you aren’t dairy free, go ahead and use real butter.
- Cherries – Fresh or frozen cherries will work just fine in this recipe. Make sure you remove all the pits!
- If cherries aren’t in season, try making this with blueberries, raspberries, or even frozen cherries.
- If you can’t have oats, it will be difficult to make this dessert. You could try using some gluten free flour blend, and then adding some ground pumpkin seeds to the mix to add the texture that you would get from oats.
Tips for Success
- Carefully pit the cherries – it’s easiest to do this if you have a proper cherry pitting tool.
- Line the baking pan with parchment paper. This will make it easy to remove the bars from the pan.
- Allow the bars to fully cool before attempting to slice them.
Step by Step Instructions
- Mix the crust ingredients together.
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and press half of the oat mixture into the bottom of the dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for about 15 minutes.
- Top with pitted, sliced cherries.
- Add more of the oat mixture on top, and bake for about 25 minutes at 375 degrees.
- Allow the bars to fully cool before slicing into squares.
Store leftover cherry crumble bars in the refrigerator. They should stay fresh for about 4 days. They crust will get a little soggy the longer they are in the fridge, so it’s best to consume them as soon as possible.
More Gluten Free Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Cherry Crumble Bars (Gluten Free, Vegan).
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper so that it hangs over two sides. This will make it easier to remove the bars later.
- Put the certified gluten free oats, gluten free flour, vegan buttery spread, brown sugar, and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a pastry cutter or two forks, mix the ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put half of the oat mixture in the bottom of the prepared pan. Use your hands to pat it down firmly.
- Bake the bottom crust at 375 degrees F for 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Put the sliced, pitted cherries on top of the crust, and evenly distribute them. Top with the remaining crumble mixture, patting it down lightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25-30 minutes, until the crumb topping is golden brown.
- If you would like to slice this into neat squares, be sure to let it cool completely. Otherwise, you can use a spoon to scoop it out and enjoy it while it is warm, topped with your favorite dairy free ice cream.