A berry smoothie that’s loaded with antioxidants is great for your skin – and a delicious way to start your day!
Did you know that a berry banana smoothie is really great for your skin?
Berries are full of antioxidants and vitamin C which help protect skin from free radicals which can cause skin cancer. Vitamin C also increases elastin and collagen and keeps your skin hydrated.
Blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries contain fatty acids that can improve the smoothness of your skin and decrease inflammation. And bananas have vitamins A, C, and E, which heal and protect skin and slow the aging process.
You know what they say – a berry smoothie a day will keep the dermatologist away! (Is that a saying? No? Well, it really should be).
You need to make this smoothie – it tastes amazing and is so good for you! If you don’t need to be dairy free, you can use regular milk or water if you prefer.
This berry smoothie is:
- loaded with skin-smoothing antioxidants
- perfect for breakfast or a snack
- vegan, gluten free, and dairy free
- one cup frozen banana coins (one banana's worth - I slice my bananas and freeze them on a cookie sheet)
- one heaping cup frozen organic blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of your choice (I like SO Delicious coconut milk)
- frozen berries for garnish
- Place all ingredients in the blender and let thaw for about five minutes so that they are easier to blend.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with frozen berries.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy berries? What smoothies have you been drinking lately?