I think I’m trying to will summer to hurry up with this berry smoothie.
I was alllll about tropical smoothies this winter…pineapple, mango, citrus. But then we had a few warmer days, and now I am all about berries. Since it isn’t really berry season yet here in Michigan, I have been stocking my freezer with frozen organic berries. When I combined them with frozen banana slices and coconut milk, a beautiful deep purple smoothie was born!
Did you know that a berry banana smoothie is really great for your skin?
Berries are full of antioxidants and vitamin C which help protect skin from free radicals which can cause skin cancer. Vitamin C also increases elastin and collagen and keeps your skin hydrated. Blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries contain fatty acids that can improve the smoothness of your skin and decrease inflammation. And bananas have vitamins A, C, and E, which heal and protect skin and slow the aging process.
You know what they say – a berry smoothie a day will keep the dermatologist away! (Is that a saying? No? Well, it really should be).
You need to make this smoothie – it tastes amazing and is so good for you!
- one cup frozen banana coins (one banana's worth - I slice my bananas and freeze them on a cookie sheet)
- one heaping cup frozen organic blueberries
- ¼ cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1 cup non-dairy milk of your choice (I like SO Delicious coconut milk)
- frozen berries for garnish
- Place all ingredients in the blender and let thaw for about five minutes so that they are easier to blend.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and top with frozen berries.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy berries? What smoothies have you been drinking lately?
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Testing 3 Different Gluten Free Flour Brands in a Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. - September 26, 2016
- Toasted Coconut Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies. - September 22, 2016
- Self Care for Food Allergy Moms – 5 Simple Tips. - September 21, 2016