Peanut butter chocolate chip breakfast cookies are a great make ahead breakfast option! Gluten free and vegan, too!
So…I’ve actually been eating “breakfast” cookies for years. If I make cookies, then they are fair game for breakfast in my opinion. Especially if they are oatmeal, because oats = healthy = breakfast = great start to the day!
But at some point, I guess someone decided that breakfast cookies were a thing (was it Quaker? was it Pinterest? who can tell?) and now everyone has their favorite breakfast cookie recipe.
I thought it was high time that I share my favorite breakfast cookie recipe, too.
This recipe is SO EASY. Everything goes in one bowl, you don’t even have to use a mixer. Mash a banana up, dump everything else in, stir, stir, stir, and then bake. About 15 minutes later, you have a nice little stack of breakfast cookies that are high in fiber and sweetened with maple syrup. If you don’t do cookies for breakfast (why?!?) these are still great for any time you need a snack.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Breakfast Cookies.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bow, place the ripe banana and mash it with a fork.
- Add the peanut butter and maple syrup and mix together.
- Add the gluten free oats, oat flour, ground flax seed, baking soda, and salt, and stir until combined.
- Stir in the dairy free chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 13-15 minutes.
See? So easy. And these are a surprisingly filling breakfast, too, with all the oats and peanut butter. I love to have these on hand when I have a busy week ahead!
What’s your favorite easy, make-ahead breakfast food?