Chia + Cherries + Peaches = My Favorite Summer Breakfast.
I can’t get enough peaches and cherries these days. Desserts, snacks, and breakfast are all made better with my favorite fruits. Luckily Darryl brought home more peaches from the farmer’s market yesterday, so I should be set for a while!
And luckier still, I have a huge bag of chia seeds in my cupboard. I am definitely making this chia pudding again this weekend. This time I may even share it with Darryl rather than scarfing it all down by myself.
My boys won’t touch chia pudding…”nooooo…LOOK at all those SEEDS!” (The horror, right?!) Which is just fine, because I love it, so there’s more for me! I love that I can make this the night before and then eat it for breakfast with whatever fruit I want. Kind of like overnight oats, but chia pudding is a little lighter and more summery in my opinion.
Since Darryl and I are the only ones who eat this, this recipe serves two. If you need to double it, go right ahead!
You can use any milk you like here, and any liquid sweetener that you like. If you can’t stand the idea of seeds, you can even blend this up to make a smoother pudding. I think that you taste the chia seeds a lot more once you blend it, so that’s not my favorite way to make chia pudding.
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 5½ Tablespoons chia seeds
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 peaches, diced
- ¾ cup cherries, pitted and sliced
- Combine all ingredients in a container with a lid. Stir well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight. Stir before serving.
- Top with diced peaches and cherries. Enjoy!
Have a good weekend, everyone! (Hopefully it will include some chia pudding!)
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017