An easy recipe for a creamy, flavorful vegan cheese ball with a kick! Spicy pumpkin seeds and creamy dairy free cheese make this the perfect allergy friendly recipe for a party!
New Year’s Eve is just around the corner…maybe you need an easy little appetizer recipe? If you’re trying to keep things easy, chips and salsa is easy, as is guacamole. And bonus, they’re both allergy friendly!
But maybe since it’s the last holiday of the year, you want to make something a little bit more special. If you’re now dairy free, you may think of all the cheese at holiday parties with a feeling of longing. A cheese platter with crackers and fruit, and maybe even a cheese spread or nut-encrusted (yikes!) cheese ball just says holiday party, doesn’t it?
Well, good news, friends! You can still enjoy a good cheese ball. This vegan cheese ball is dairy free, gluten free, vegan, and nut free. It’s just right for a party or a game day, or a special event.
This recipe is so easy – it’s perfect for when you’re busy or in a hurry. (You know, hiding stuff in the closets before all the guests arrive). ;) Somewhat Spicy SuperSeedz give this cheese ball a little kick, but if you want to change the flavor, you can use any flavor of SuperSeedz or even sunflower seeds if you prefer.
This cheese ball tastes cheesy, and spicy, and yummy. It doesn’t taste like it’s dairy free. In fact, I bet you could fool your friends with this flavorful recipe…they won’t guess that it’s allergy friendly!
My gluten free crackers go perfectly with this cheese ball, although if you’re having a party you’ll want to make several batches of them. Or just serve this spread with a store-bought cracker that works for your allergy needs.
- 2 Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 1 block Daiya Jalapeno Havarti Cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 container plain Daiya cream cheese
- ¾ cup Somewhat Spicy SuperSeedz (or any seed of your choice)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- Place the spicy pumpkin seeds in a food processor and pulse until they are coarse crumbs. Remove all but two tablespoons of the seeds and put on a plate. Set aside.
- Add the cubes of Jalapeno Havarti cheese to the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until the cheese is pretty finely chopped.
- Add the Daiya cream cheese, vegan buttery spread, garlic powder, and cumin, and mix on high speed until smooth and combined.
- Scrape out the cheese mixture and place on the plate with the pumpkin seeds. Use your hands to form a ball and roll in the seeds until it is coated. Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator.
- Chill for at least one hour before serving with crackers or cut up veggies.
Inspired by this recipe which I have made for past holidays (minus the nuts).
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017