These Halloween chocolate lollipops are a super simple treat for your little ones! Use allergy friendly chocolate chips and a cute ghost candy mold to make these safe treats this fall.
What was your favorite part of trick or treating when you were a kid?
For me, it was the variety of candy that I had at the end of the night. I loved to sort out the candy by variety, and count all the pieces.
For my boys, it’s more about the exchange of candy at the end of the night. We go to as many teal pumpkin houses as we can, but we also go to some regular houses in our neighborhood, too.
At the end of the night, we take out all the unsafe candy and exchange it for safe candy that I have bought and made, and non-candy treats.
It can be a little boring for them to get the same safe treats again and again – plain chocolate bars, safe gummy worms, etc. So I like to mix it up making homemade treats like sunbutter cups, chocolate quinoa crunch bars, or chocolate lollipops.
These cute little ghosts are fun and add some novelty to Halloween.
Allergy Friendly Chocolate
Both Enjoy Life and PASCHA Chocolate make chocolate chips that are allergy friendly. You can find them at health food stores or online. Feel free to use semi-sweet chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, or even white chocolate chips for variety.
- You can get lollipop molds in many different shapes at craft stores like Michael’s, JoAnn Fabrics, or online at Amazon.
- You can find lollipop sticks and plastic wrappers at craft stores or online as well.
If you want the chocolate to have a snap when you bite into it, then you do need to temper it. You can read about how to do that here.
I don’t bother with tempering chocolate for a simple candy like this. My kids appreciate the fun shape, but then it gets gobbled up in no time. So the whole process of tempering it first doesn’t seem like a great way to spend my time.
Yes, I recommend refrigerating these lollipops to keep them from melting. If you temper the chocolate, you will not need to refrigerate these.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Halloween Chocolate Lollipops.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave bowl. Microwave for 45-60 seconds. Stir, then if they aren’t melted, microwave for 10 second intervals until fully melted.
- Put the lollipop mold in the refrigerator, and let the chocolate firm up for about 20 minutes.
- Store lollipops in the refrigerator.