Chewy, delicious, colorful chocolate chip oatmeal cookies with fresh cranberries are a seasonal favorite!
Well…how’s everybody doing today? Tired? Full? Eating pie for breakfast? (Raises hand).
I hope you had a marvelous Thanksgiving, and I hope that if you went out hunting for deals, you were successful. As for me, I’m just sitting here in my pajamas drinking tea and eating apple pie. And thinking about Christmas cookies.
One of my favorite things about the month of December is holiday baking. I love to make extra special treats at this time of year. We always do sugar cookie cut outs with the boys – they love to cut the cookies out, and then load them up with frosting and sprinkles (It’s pretty much a sugar fest over here that day!).
Fresh cranberries are a little bit tart, so you do want make sure that you include plenty of chocolate chips to balance the flavor out. When they’re baked, they turn such a pretty shade of bright pink – a very festive shade for the holidays.
If you aren’t gluten free or vegan, go ahead and use regular butter and regular flour, these chocolate chip oatmeal cookies will still turn out just fine! Because of the fresh cranberries, these are best eaten within three days of baking them. You could also freeze them if you need to keep them for longer.
This recipe is one that I included in my ebook, Vegan Holiday Treats: 29 Recipes to Sweeten Your Season.
I just finished updating Vegan Holiday Treats – I’ve added a few new recipes that I think you’ll love! Some of my very favorite holiday treats are included, like rosemary garlic chex mix, coconut thumbprints, peanut butter pretzel bark, pinwheel cookies, and so many more!
What else is inside Vegan Holiday Treats?
– 29 recipes for cookies, cupcakes, muffins, quick breads, candies, and more!
– 26 of the recipes are brand new, unpublished, and not available on my blog.
– 22 of the recipes are naturally gluten free or can be made with a gluten free flour blend successfully
– two pages of fun printable holiday gift tags designed by me
This is a great time to get ready for your holiday baking!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies with Fresh Cranberries.
- ½ cup vegan buttery spread
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed meal
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free flour blend
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups gluten free old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Prepare the flax seed egg replacer: put the ground flax seed and water in a small bowl and let it sit for a few minutes until it becomes a gel.
- Combine the gluten free flour blend, baking soda, and sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the vegan buttery spread and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and flax seed egg replacer and mix on medium speed.
- Continue to mix and add the dry ingredients a little at a time. Mix until combined.
- Stop the mixer and stir in the gluten free oats, chocolate chips, and cranberries. Stir well.
- Drop the dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 9-11 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack.
- Repeat with remaining dough.
These are perfect to make if you have any leftover cranberries from Thanksgiving! Or if you just need something to snack on while you’re busy shopping Black Friday Sales online! :)