These dairy free pumpkin mousse parfaits will be the perfect sweet ending to your holiday meal! This simple, no-bake vegan dessert is a light and delicious twist on pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving is upon us, and with that comes all the meal planning and recipe searching if you’re hosting or helping with a potluck.
And that can be fun, if you love the holidays, but it can also be a bit of work. And if you throw a few food allergies into the mix, well, suddenly there’s an added layer of stress to the meal.
I have a whole collection of Thanksgiving recipes on my site. These are tried and true recipes that my family requests year after year.
I want to help you eliminate some of the stress, so I have a super simple dessert recipe for you today. I love to make dairy free desserts like this no-bake vegan cheesecake. It’s so nice to make a simple crust and top it with ice cream or whipped topping – so easy, and always a crowd pleaser.
This recipe for dairy free pumpkin mousse parfaits is even easier than a cheesecake or tart, because you just spoon everything into glasses or ramekins. Your kids can even help you with this recipe – if they’re older they can probably do it themselves.
Store-bought ingredients help these parfaits come together really quickly. I’ll take any shortcut available during the holiday season!
- Non-Dairy Whipped Topping – There are a few brands out there to choose from. If you don’t have food allergies, good old Cool Whip will work in this recipe. We like So Delicious Coco Whip for a dairy free option.
- Pumpkin Puree – You need 100% pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling for this recipe.
- Powdered Sugar – Powdered sugar adds sweetness but keeps this mouse super light and silky.
- Gluten Free Graham Crackers or Cookies – Use the cookie or cracker that works for your dietary needs. One brand to check out is Kinnikinnick S’moreables.
Step by Step Instructions
- Pulse the graham crackers or cookies and vegan buttery spread in a food processor. Set aside.
- Blend the coco whip, pumpkin, and spices until smooth and creamy. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Spoon the crumbs and the mousse into small jars or wine glasses. Top with pumpkin seeds or chocolate chips.
- if you can’t find coco whip, you could make whipped coconut cream
- you can use any type of cookies for the crumbs – sugar cookies, graham crackers, chocolate cookies, etc.
- you don’t have to include the vegan buttery spread – it just adds a little richness
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits.
- Place the graham crackers and the vegan buttery spread in a food processor and process on high speed to form crumbs. Set aside.
- Place the coco whip, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and ginger in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Refrigerate the pumpkin mousse for about an hour to chill. You can skip this step if you need to serve it immediately.
- Place some crumbs in the bottom of six wine glasses or small bowls. Spoon in some of the chilled pumpkin mousse. Add some more cookie crumbs, and another layer of mousse. Top with a few more crumbs and some pumpkin seeds.