These dairy free pumpkin mousse parfaits will be the perfect sweet ending to your holiday meal! This simple, no-bake vegan dessert is a light and delicious twist on pumpkin pie.
Thanksgiving is upon us, and with that comes all the meal planning and recipe searching if you’re hosting or helping with a potluck.
And that can be fun, if you love the holidays, but it can also be a bit of work. And if you throw a few food allergies into the mix, well, suddenly there’s an added layer of stress to the meal.
I have a whole collection of allergy friendly Thanksgiving recipes on my site. These are tried and true recipes that my family requests year after year.
I want to help you eliminate some of the stress, so I have a super simple dessert recipe for you today. I love to make dairy free desserts like this no-bake vegan cheesecake. It’s so nice to make a simple crust and top it with ice cream or whipped topping – so easy, and always a crowd pleaser.
This recipe for dairy free pumpkin mousse parfaits is even easier than a cheesecake or tart, because you just spoon everything into glasses or ramekins. Your kids can even help you with this recipe – if they’re older they can probably do it themselves.
Store-bought ingredients help these parfaits come together really quickly. I’ll take any shortcut available during the holiday season!
Allergy friendly ingredients
- non-dairy whipped topping (So Delicious Coco Whip)
- pumpkin puree
- powdered sugar
- vegan buttery spread
- gluten free graham crackers or cookies
How to make dairy free pumpkin mousse parfaits:
- Pulse the cookies and vegan buttery spread in a food processor. Set aside.
- Blend the coco whip, pumpkin, and spices until smooth and creamy. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Spoon the crumbs and the mousse into small jars or wine glasses. Top with pumpkin seeds or chocolate chips.
- if you can’t find coco whip, you could make whipped coconut cream
- you can use any type of cookies for the crumbs – sugar cookies, graham crackers, chocolate cookies, etc.
- you don’t have to include the vegan buttery spread – it just adds a little richness
More gluten free pumpkin desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Dairy Free Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits.
These no-bake dairy free pumpkin mousse parfaits are perfect for a holiday dessert!
- 9 ounces So Delicious Coco Whip thawed
- ⅝ cup pure pumpkin puree (½ cup plus 2 Tablespoons)
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 Enjoy Life vanilla honey graham cookies
- 1 ½ Tablespoons vegan buttery spread optional
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Place the honey graham cookies and the vegan buttery spread (if using) in a food processor and process on high speed to form crumbs. Set aside.
Place the coco whip, pumpkin puree, powdered sugar, cinnamon, and ginger in a mixing bowl and mix on medium speed until well combined.
Refrigerate the pumpkin mousse for about an hour to chill. You can skip this step if you need to serve it immediately.
Place some crumbs in the bottom of six wine glasses or small bowls. Spoon in some of the chilled pumpkin mousse. Add some more cookie crumbs, and another layer of mousse. Top with a few more crumbs and some pumpkin seeds.
Once these parfaits are assembled, you can store them in the refrigerator for several hours. Any longer than that, and the cookie crumbs will get too soggy.
If you need to make any part of this ahead of time, you could make the mousse, and store it in an airtight container overnight. You could also blend up the cookie crumbs and store them separately. Then you would just assemble the parfaits right before serving.
We’re not dairy free, but we are allergic to coconut. Can I use cool whip instead of coco whip?
Yes, cool whip will work well!
You just made my day by posting this recipe!! we are dairy, egg, gluten, nut, drupe, free household and we can do this recipe (with a little substitution) and everyone will love it.
I just wanted to say thank you for what you do, you do it well and you helped this momma out!!
So glad to hear that this will work for you! Thank you for your nice note! :)