Need a last minute gift idea? Gina from Acute Designs is here today to share a very easy treat/gift. I love salty and sweet, so chocolate covered pretzels are always a hit with me!
When I was younger my grandma would always make white almond bark covered pretzels around Christmas time. They were one of my favorite Christmas treats and SO easy to make. They are easy for kids to make and involve absolutely no baking skills.
Almond bark is not as readily available as it was in the 80s, so I decided to use white and dark chocolate chips to recreate these delicious treats. If you’re a gluten free eater – these are a great “cookie” option. Just make sure to buy the gluten free pretzels :).
These easy chocolate covered pretzels are perfect for teacher gifts, or gifts for your kids to make and give! Dealing with the melted chocolate can get messy, so be sure to cover your surfaces and to have the kids wear aprons.
If you want to customize these easy chocolate covered pretzels, try adding:
- coconut flakes
- crushed candy canes
- rainbow sprinkles
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
These easy chocolate covered pretzels are a quick treat that's so fun to eat!
- 12 ounces dairy free chocolate chips PASCHA Chocolate makes dark and light chocolate chips, as well as white chocolate chips
- 3 ounces mini pretzels Glutino makes delicious gluten free pretzels! Available at most health food stores
- 2 Tablespoons sprinkles optional
Line some cookie sheets with wax paper and set aside.
- Melt either the dark or white chocolate in the microwave or the stove top. If you want to use the microwave, cook for about 30 seconds, stir, and repeat until the chocolate is melted. If you want to use the stove top, a double boiler is the best option. You can do this by putting the chocolate pieces in a stainless steel bowl and heating it over a small pot of boiling water. I prefer the double boiler method because you can keep the chocolate warm and it won’t harden as you are coating the pretzels.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and dip each pretzel in the chocolate. Once sufficiently coated, place the pretzel on the wax paper and add a few sprinkles. Repeat until all the chocolate is gone.
Serving size is about 5 chocolate covered pretzels.