These four ingredient banana oatmeal cookies are simple, delicious, and a healthier dessert choice. Your family will love these chewy cookies that are free of added sugar or oil. You can easily mix these up in one bowl!
We’ve all seen the Pinterest recipes for two ingredient cookies, right? (Spoiler, it’s oats and a banana). And that certainly sounds very healthy, but I just felt like I needed a little something more. So I added chocolate chips and peanut butter to make these four ingredient banana oatmeal cookies.
These cookies are made without oil and without sweeteners, so they are not super sweet. They do have sweetness from the banana and from the chocolate chips of course, but I just want to mention that they are not as sweet as other cookies.
These banana oatmeal cookies are a great option when you’re in the mood for dessert but don’t want a lot of added sugar. If you’re looking for a more traditional recipe without the banana, these oatmeal chocolate chip cookies are a tasty option!
Give these a try – they’re are easy to make, perfect for when you’re in a hurry, and are also a good breakfast cookie option, too!
Take a look at my these gluten free vegan cookie recipes to find some more delicious treats to bake.
- Bananas – Choose a banana that’s ripe but not too ripe. You don’t want it to be too wet, that won’t help the texture of these cookies
- Peanut Butter – I used creamy natural peanut butter. If you have a nut allergy, these can be made with sunbutter or a different seed butter.
- Oats – If you are gluten free, you need to make sure that you purchase certified gluten free oats that are free from cross contamination from wheat. One brand to look into is GF Harvest, which you can find on Amazon.
- Chocolate Chips – I used Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips. Feel free to use any brand of chocolate chips that works for your dietary needs.
Step by Step Instructions
- Use a fork to mash the banana in a bowl.
- Add the oats, chocolate chips, and peanut butter (or sunbutter).
- Stir well to combine.
- Spoon the cookie dough onto a cookie sheet that has been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes until the bottoms of the cookies are golden brown.
- Allow the cookies to cool before eating them. Enjoy!
Tips for Success
- Choose a ripe banana, not an overripe banana for the best results.
- Line the cookie sheet with parchment paper so that the cookies don’t stick to the pan.
- Flatten the cookies slightly with the back of a spoon so that they bake evenly.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Four Ingredient Banana Oatmeal Cookies.
- 1 ripe banana
- ⅔ cup gluten free oats
- ¼ cup peanut butter You can use sunbutter or a different nut butter if desired.
- ⅓ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the banana in a bowl and mash well with a fork. Stir in the oats and peanut butter and mix together.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Drop cookies onto prepared baking sheet. Use the back of a spoon to flatten each cookie slightly.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 12-14 minutes. The bottom of the cookies should be golden brown.
- Let cookies cool for about 15 minutes before eating.