Creamy, delicious, homemade dairy free ranch dressing is perfect for topping salads or dipping veggies! It’s bursting with flavor from fresh herbs and garlic. You’ll love this simple dressing, and your guests won’t believe it’s free of dairy!
We’re approaching salad season here…warm weather, lighter meals, and lots of fresh veggies will soon be the norm.
And what will you top your salads with this season? Do you miss creamy, dairy based dressings like blue cheese and ranch? Have you tried a bottled dairy free ranch dressing, only to be disappointed?
I have the solution – this homemade dairy free ranch dressing is just as creamy and flavorful as the dairy filled variety.
When you have dietary restrictions to contend with, it’s often easier to make your own salad dressings. If you’re looking for more inspiration, try this simple Italian vinaigrette, or this honey mustard dressing.
Loaded with flavor from fresh chives, fresh dill, and a good amount of garlic, this ranch dressing is just right for topping all of your favorite foods. Salads, fresh vegetables, chicken tenders and more are a perfect match for this easy, tasty dressing.
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese – I used Daiya brand cream cheese, but if you have a different brand you like, that’s okay.
- Vegan Mayonnaise – I used Earth Balance Mayo in this recipe. It has a pretty neutral taste. Other brands of vegan mayo could also work in this dressing.
- Non-Dairy Milk – I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage. If you have a different plant-based milk that you prefer, feel free to use it. A neutral tasting milk will work best.
- Herbs and Lemon Juice – Fresh herbs and lemon juice give this ranch dressing a nice bright flavor, and are better than dried herbs.
- Garlic – Fresh garlic is a delicious addition to this dressing.The garlic flavor does get stronger the longer this dressing stays in the refrigerator, so please be aware of that! If you’re out of fresh garlic, you can use garlic powder. The flavor won’t be as strong, but it will work in a pinch.
If you’d prefer a thicker texture, for dipping chips or vegetables, just use less non-dairy milk. If there are different herbs you would like to use, feel free to experiment! You could try parsley, cilantro, or basil.
This dressing is easily made in a blender, but you could use a food processor or even an immersion blender if that’s easier for you.
Store leftover dressing in the refrigerator.
This ranch dressing is best consumed within 3-4 days.
Serve this dressing with:
- a simple green salad
- sliced veggies
- oven baked French fries
- chicken tenders
Learn to make SAFE, tasty food for your family. Join my community today and start getting all my best tips, tricks, and allergy friendly recipes in your inbox.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
The Best Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing.
- ⅜ cup vegan cream cheese I used Daiya plain cream cheese
- ⅜ cup vegan mayonnaise I used Earth Balance Mindful Mayo
- ½ cup non-dairy milk I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 Tablespoons fresh dill finely chopped
- ¼ cup fresh chives finely chopped
- Put the vegan cream cheese, vegan mayo, non-dairy milk, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a blender and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add the fresh dill and fresh chives and pulse a few times to combine.
- Pour the dressing into a glass container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve over salad greens, or use as a dip for chips.