These are the BEST oven roasted french fries! Perfectly crisp, salty, and seasoned, these don’t last long around here!
We had a lot of potatoes, and they were a bit starchy, so I said, “We need to make something with these, maybe fries would be a good idea.” (Fries are not something that we usually make, but I just had a craving for them). Then I had to get Baby Bee settled for a nap, and when I came back to the kitchen, Darryl had sliced all the potatoes and busy getting them ready for the oven!
45 minutes later, we sat down to the best oven roasted french fries I’d ever had. They were so delicious! Nice and crispy on the outside, and perfectly seasoned. He had consulted all recipes to get an idea of how to make oven fries, but then did his own seasoning blend, so I thought I’d share it here!
We made a big batch of these, which I would highly recommend, as they went really fast.
Like I mentioned, these oven roasted french fries were made with potatoes that were a little bit starchy, which was perfect for getting a crisp outside and a tender inside. The potatoes we used were “new yellow” potatoes from Costco. I think white potatoes would probably work well, too.
Oven Roasted French Fries.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Peel and slice potatoes into wedges. Try to keep them all about the same size, so they cook evenly.
- Place potatoes, olive oil, and seasonings in a large bowl. Toss to coat.
- Place fries on two cookie sheets in a single layer.
- Bake at 450 for about 45 minutes. Use a spatula to flip the fries every 15 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels before serving.
*If Jane's Krazy Salt isn't safe for you, or isn't available, try a blend of garlic powder, onion powder, a bit of chili powder, and paprika.
These are so good!
adapted from all recipes.
Have you made oven fries before?