Honey mustard kale salad with sausage is an easy grain free meal that’s hearty and tasty!
Remember how I said I wanted to eat more kale this year?
I’ve been doing pretty well with that little resolution so far…we’ve made kale chips, and I’ve been doing well with sneaking it into things like soups and sauces. Darryl has even been juicing it on occasion.
But my favorite way to eat kale so far is this honey mustard kale salad with sausage.
Okay, so the truth is that ANYTHING will taste good with this honey mustard dressing. And I think that’s okay…it’s enabling me to eat kale, and that’s a positive thing!
This is such an easy dinner to whip up. You just cook the sausages in a skillet with some red and yellow peppers, massage the kale with some lemon juice, and make a quick dressing. It really couldn’t get any easier, and it’s a tasty and filling salad that’s loaded with nutrients.
I used these chicken sausages by Alfresco, but you can use your favorite flavor or brand. I’ve made this honey mustard kale salad with chicken apple sausages before, and that was delicious, too!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Honey Mustard Kale Salad with Sausage.
- 1 bunch dinosaur kale stems removed, rinsed, and leaves cut into strips
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 chicken sausages I used Alfresco Smoked Andouille
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the chopped kale into a large bowl. Drizzle with lemon juice, and use your hands to massage the juice into the kale. This will help make the kale less tough and easier to digest.
- In a large skillet, cook the peppers and sausages in the olive oil over medium heat. Cook until the sausages are browned and crisp on the outside, and the peppers are soft and a little bit caramelized.
- While the sausages are cooking, make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, salt, and pepper, and whisk together.
- Put the kale on a platter, and top with the cooked sausages and peppers. Drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve immediately.
What’s your favorite way to enjoy kale?