Chocolate chip coconut overnight oats are an easy make ahead breakfast option that’s gluten free and vegan. Make this oatmeal the night before and have a tasty meal ready to eat in the morning.
When you have food allergies, it’s easy to get discouraged. Some meals are harder to deal with than others.
Lunchtime can be tough if you don’t have a safe bread to make sandwiches.
Breakfast can be really difficult if you can’t eat wheat, eggs, dairy, or nuts.
Thank goodness there are some good options for allergy friendly breakfast recipes. One of those options is overnight oats. They take just a few ingredients and a few minutes to prepare, and you have a tasty meal ready to eat.
It’s really nice to throw everything in a jar and then wake up the next day and have breakfast ready to go. You can even put a lid on the jar and take it with you as you start your day.
- Certified Gluten Free Oats – If you are gluten free, you must use certified gluten free oats. Make sure to check the label to see if the oats you buy are certified.
- Non-Dairy Milk – Any non-dairy milk that works for your dietary needs should be fine in this recipe. Use a neutral tasting non-dairy milk for best results. Try rice milk, coconut milk, flax milk, or soy milk.
- Coconut – I love the combination of coconut and chocolate, but if you can’t eat coconut, you may leave it out.
- Maple Syrup – I like maple syrup for a sweetener. You can use any sweetener that you like, like honey, agave, or even brown sugar.
- If you can’t have coconut, you can leave it out. Just add a few more oats to replace the coconut in this recipe.
- If you’re not dairy free, feel free to use regular milk.
- If you don’t want to add chocolate chips, you can add seeds, berries, or anything else that you normally like to eat on your oatmeal.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the certified gluten free oats and coconut in a jar.
- Add the non-dairy milk and maple syrup, and stir. Cover the jar and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning, stir the oatmeal.
- Top with chocolate chips, berries, and more coconut if you like. Enjoy!
Store overnight oats in the refrigerator. They should stay fresh for up to 5 days. Sometimes I like to double or triple the recipe so that I have breakfast ready for a few days in a row.
You’re not in this alone! 🤍 Join my food allergy community and get the newest recipes, tips, and tricks for food allergy families. You can still eat delicious food, even with allergies and intolerances.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Overnight Oats.
- Place the gluten free oats, ground flax seed (if using), and unsweetened coconut in a glass jar and whisk together.
- Add the maple syrup and non-dairy milk. Stir to combine. Place the lid on and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning top with the dairy free chocolate chips, more coconut, berries, or seeds. Enjoy!