This recipe for ratatouille pasta is loaded with fresh vegetables and a delicious tomato sauce. This hearty dinner recipe is gluten free and vegan!
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Jovial. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support me!
Is there anything better than a bowl of pasta covered in delicious, flavorful, fresh sauce?
I love to make pasta based dishes for dinner, and when I first gave up gluten, I was so worried that I would not be able to enjoy pasta anymore. Some of the first gluten free pastas I tried were less than satisfactory – mushy, flavorless, and not like the pasta I loved.
Jovial has been making gluten free pasta for more than 44 years, so they have really perfected their product. Their gluten free penne is crafted by artisans in Italy and is made with 100% organic whole grain brown rice. Jovial gluten free penne rigate is also safe for us who have food allergies – it’s made in a dedicated facility that’s free of gluten, dairy, eggs, tree nuts, and peanuts.
Jovial does produce some pastas that contain eggs, so as always, be sure to read the label when purchasing. Each package is clearly labeled with allergen information – that’s another reason why I love this brand!
One thing that I really loved about this penne rigate was the way it held its shape when cooked. It had a nice texture and was not mushy at all. This pasta was very similar in texture to regular pasta, and was a great base for the ratatouille sauce.
This gluten free ratatouille pasta is a great family meal. It’s colorful, delicious, and allergy friendly.
The base of the ratatouille sauce is Jovial diced tomatoes. These flavorful Italian tomatoes are as pure as you can get – organic diced tomatoes and organic tomato processed in a facility that is free of wheat, dairy, eggs, soy, tree nuts, peanuts, and shellfish. I really appreciate the fact that these tomatoes are packed in a jar – we are always trying to avoid BPA if possible, so I prefer to purchase jarred tomatoes rather than canned.
I added onions, garlic, diced eggplant, yellow squash, zucchini, spices, and a sweet white wine and let it simmer together into a wonderful, vegetable-filled sauce. Enjoy this pasta dish now, and remember the recipe to make again when everything is in season this summer.
This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Ratatouille Pasta.
- 1 large sweet onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 18 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1 eggplant about 3 cups, diced small
- ¾ cup Moscato wine
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 yellow squash diced
- 1 small zucchini diced
- fresh basil
- 12 ounces gluten free penne I used Jovial gluten free penne rigate
- In a large skillet, saute the onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until soft and translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add the diced eggplant, Jovial diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, and Moscato wine. Simmer for about 30 minutes so that the eggplant becomes tender.
- Cook the Jovial gluten free penne rigate pasta according to package directions. Set aside.
- Add the sugar, sea salt, and pepper to the sauce; stir.
- Add the diced yellow squash and zucchini, and let the sauce simmer for 15 minutes more until all the vegetables are tender.
- Serve the ratatouille sauce over the pasta, and top with fresh basil leaves.
This ratatouille pasta recipe is:
- delicious and easy
- perfect for a Sunday dinner
- gluten free, dairy free, and vegan