These vegan and gluten free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies are rich and delicious. They melt in your mouth – everyone loves these!
Everyone has a favorite cookie recipe…a go-to, no fail, the whole family loves ’em recipe that they can rely on. This recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip cookies is our go-to recipe.
I’ve modified this recipe so that it is a one bowl recipe, and I’ve made it with a flax egg substitute, and they still turn out wonderfully every time.
These vegan, gluten free peanut butter chocolate cookies are quick, easy, and so delicious. Since they are flourless, the peanut butter flavor is very rich, and they literally melt in your mouth. Everyone loves these, whether they have special dietary needs or not. Try these, you won’t be disappointed!
Can you make these flourless peanut butter cookies without eggs?
Yes, many flourless peanut butter cookie recipes do contain an egg, but it is possible to make these using a flax seed egg replacer. If you are able to eat eggs, go ahead and use one regular egg.
Are peanut butter cookies healthy?
Peanut butter is a good source of protein, and these do not contain any grains, so they are a little lower in carbohydrates. They do contain sugar though, so they are still a treat. If you want to avoid refined sugars, you could try these with coconut sugar or date sugar. I don’t know if these would work with sugar substitutes like stevia.
How do you make grain free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies?
- Prepare the flax seed egg and set aside.
- Place the peanut butter, sugar, flax egg, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and stir well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Chill the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet.
These vegan, gluten free chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are:
- buttery and rich
- flourless and grain free
- perfect with a glass of milk
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies (Gluten Free, Vegan).
These grain free peanut butter chocolate chip cookies melt in your mouth. They are so easy to make in just one bowl!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, mix up your ground flax seed meal and water and let sit for a few minutes so it can gel up.
- Once the flax egg has reached an egg like consistency, add the creamy peanut butter, sugar, baking soda, and salt and mix until well combined. Stir in the semisweet chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough for about a half hour. Then drop dough, about a tablespoon at a time on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake until cookies are golden, 12 to 14 minutes. These cookies are fragile when warm, so cool for about 10 minutes on sheets; transfer cookies to racks to cool completely.
These will keep in an airtight container for up to a week, but they are best consumed within a few days.
adapted from Everyday Food
Enjoy! I’ve even made these for a holiday cookie party, and they were a huge hit! You can also make these with crunchy peanut butter if that’s more your style, or even almond butter if you like. I’ve also made a version of these for the holidays – try these flourless peanut butter kiss cookies.