Pepperoni pasta salad is a classic summer recipe! Brightly colored veggies and spicy pepperoni make this a crowd pleasing recipe!
Well, three of my favorite summery things happened this past weekend:
1. My peonies bloomed! Yippee! Two years ago, Darryl hacked down my peony bush on accident, and last year I had only one or two blooms. This year I had seven blooms, so it’s coming back! I LOVE peonies, they are so pretty, and I just love to have bouquets of them in the house.
2. There is a huge subdivision sale near where we live, and last Saturday was the day of the sale. We actually got up early, got out the door, and managed to shop and find several things that we needed, like a sprinkler, puzzles for the boys, some workbooks, and trains and a stuffed Goofy and Donald Duck for Baby Bee. He’s on a Disney kick right now, so those finds made his day. We also did not buy anything unnecessary! Yay. For awhile, I would tease Darryl and say that he was not allowed to go garage-saling unsupervised, because he would come home with crazy stuff. Like a box with three ancient rock tumbling machines, or a Lava Lamp, or another guitar…the list goes on.
3. I made pepperoni pasta salad! With fresh veggies and homemade vinaigrette.
Pepperoni pasta salad is one of my favorite summer meals. We made a huge batch of this and ate it for both lunch and dinner. It’s flavorful, filling, and refreshingly cool. We will be making this again soon!
Pepperoni Pasta Salad.
Fresh and flavorful pepperoni pasta salad with veggies and homemade dressing.
- 10 ounces gluten free macaroni or other pasta shape if desired
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 1/4 cups baby carrots sliced
- 2 small zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 4 ounces nitrate free pepperoni cut into small pieces
For the dressing:
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. When it is cooked, rinse it with cold water to cool it off.
- In a large bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the macaroni, onions, carrots, peppers, zucchini, and pepperoni.
- Mix together until everything is coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors come together.
Pepperoni pasta salad is:
- quick and easy to make
- great for a gathering with friends
- kid friendly