Gluten free pepperoni pasta salad is a classic summer recipe! Brightly colored veggies and spicy pepperoni make this dish a real crowd pleaser.
It’s been quite pleasant here recently, weather-wise. Spring is here, and the weather has been warming up. It isn’t hard to imagine the yard being green, and the flowers blooming.
I can’t wait until my pink peonies bloom!
With the warmer weather, it’s time to start thinking about easy, lighter meals. This pepperoni pasta salad is just right for a simple spring or summer dinner.
I love a good pasta salad. It’s easy to make pasta salads suitable for those with food allergies. If you need it to be gluten free, no problem! Use your favorite gluten free pasta.
What brand of gluten free pasta works best in a pasta salad?
I’ve used different brands of gluten free noodles through the years, and I really haven’t had a lot of trouble with any of them! I love Jovial brand pasta. It holds its shape very well in a pasta salad.
Just make sure that you don’t overcook the gluten free pasta. It can cause the noodles to break down, and turn to mush, and no one wants that!
How to make gluten free pepperoni pasta salad:
- Boil your gluten free pasta. Rinse and drain and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Add the dressing to the pasta, pepperoni, and vegetables. Toss to coat.
Pepperoni pasta salad is one of my favorite summer meals. I like to make a huge batch of this and eat it for both lunch and dinner. It’s flavorful, filling, and refreshingly cool. We will be making this again soon!
Can store-bought dressing be used in this pepperoni pasta salad?
If you have a store-bought vinaigrette that you use that works for your dietary needs, go ahead and use it! I prefer to make my own vinaigrette because I have more control over the ingredients that I include.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Pepperoni Pasta Salad.
Fresh and flavorful gluten free pepperoni pasta salad with veggies and homemade dressing.
- 10 ounces gluten free macaroni or other pasta shape if desired
- 1 small onion chopped fine
- 1 1/4 cups baby carrots sliced
- 2 small zucchini chopped
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 4 ounces nitrate free pepperoni cut into small pieces
For the dressing:
- Boil the pasta according to package directions. When it is cooked, rinse it with cold water to cool it off.
- In a large bowl, add all the dressing ingredients and whisk together.
- Add the macaroni, onions, carrots, peppers, zucchini, and pepperoni.
- Mix together until everything is coated with dressing.
- Refrigerate for an hour to let the flavors come together.
Store leftover pasta salad in the refrigerator. It will stay fresh for about three days.
Pepperoni pasta salad is:
- quick and easy to make
- great for a gathering with friends
- kid friendly
This post was originally published in June 2014. It has been updated with more tips.