This pea and bacon quinoa salad makes a delicious lunch or a tasty side dish! Easy to make, and gluten free, too!
Who loves quinoa? We do over here! It’s easy and quick to cook, and has a lot of nutrients, like magnesium, calcium and protein. I like quick, easy good-for-you foods. So much better than quick, easy bad-for-you foods. You know, like bacon. Which is also in this salad…I guess this recipe has something for everyone. :) Quinoa is great for those who are gluten free, because it works very well in recipes that call for couscous, due to the similar texture and size.
Since we bought a huge bag of quinoa at Costco recently, on Saturday I made up this little pea and bacon quinoa salad. It’s very flavorful, filling, and versatile. You could even change the vegetables around if you wanted to…corn might be nice, or some white beans thrown in there. You can’t go wrong with a lemony dressing and the light texture of quinoa.
Sidenote: I love that Costco carries nitrate free bacon! It’s so much less expensive than the bacon at Whole Foods.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Pea and Bacon Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup quinoa rinsed and prepared according to package directions
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- 5 green onions white and light green parts chopped
- 1 red pepper chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas thawed and drained
- 8 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- Mix the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a large serving bowl.
- Add the quinoa and stir to coat with dressing.
- Add the onions, red pepper and peas. Stir again.
- Put into serving bowls and top with bacon.
This salad is really good served right away, but the leftovers are great the next day, too!
Enjoy! Do you have a favorite quinoa dish?