Soft and delicious, these pumpkin chocolate chip bars are the perfect fall dessert. These tender bars are full of flavor, and so moist. These are always a family favorite!
There’s just nothing like fall baking, is there? The smell of pumpkin spiced baked goods is just so comforting.
Pumpkin chocolate chip bars have long been a favorite in our house. They’re thick, moist, studded with chocolate chips, and just perfect when warm from the oven.
We enjoy these with a cup of tea or a glass of non-dairy milk, or with a scoop of ice cream on the side. These could be a perfect addition to your Thanksgiving menu.
Which flour to use
The texture of these is just right – no one will guess they are gluten free! This recipe works really well with Namaste Perfect Flour Blend.
Other gluten free blends that will probably work well are Gluten Free 123, my homemade gluten free flour blend, or Living Now Foods Gluten Free All Purpose Flour.
I don’t recommend using almond flour or coconut flour in this recipe, as the texture will probably be very different (either too dense or too wet).
If you aren’t gluten free, these pumpkin bars will still be delicious with regular all-purpose flour. And if you consume dairy, feel free to use your regular dairy butter and chocolate chips.
Store these bars in an airtight container – they should stay fresh for up to 5 days.
You should be able to freeze these – wrap each bar in waxed paper, and place in a freezer bag. They should stay fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Variations on this recipe
- You can make these into muffins if you like! The baking time will be reduced. Start out with about 21 minutes, and go from there.
- Try white chocolate chips instead of dark chocolate chips.
- Add pumpkin seeds for a little crunch.
Tips for success
- Don’t over mix the batter. Mix until combined, that’s it!
- Line your pan with parchment paper, it will make it easier to get the bars out of the pan.
- Make sure you are using 100% pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling.
More gluten free pumpkin desserts
- Pumpkin Spice Oat Flour Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Spice Cake
- Pumpkin Kiss Cookies
- 45 Gluten Free Pumpkin Desserts
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Best Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars (Gluten Free, Dairy Free).
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper, letting some hang over the edges of the pan.
- With an electric mixer, cream buttery spread, applesauce and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add the egg, pumpkin, and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 40 minutes. Allow the bars to cool completely in pan.
- Slice the bars into squares and serve with ice cream if desired.