Slow cooker lentil, sausage, and kale soup is hearty, healthy, and so full of flavor! This is a delicious winter meal that will keep you warm and cozy!
Mmm…we’re using the slow cooker again! That means that if you make this recipe, your house will smell cozy and warm and wonderful all day long. There’s nothing better than that in the winter, in my opinion. :)
Oh goodness, just typing this post out is making me want to make something in the slow cooker again! It’s the ultimate dinner solution isn’t it? Throw all the things in the cooker, close it up, turn it on, and forget about it. When it’s dinner time, just get out the dishes and eat. The combination of laziness and deliciousness really works for me. I’m a fan. :)
This lentil, sausage, and kale soup is very hearty, flavorful, and healthy – just what you need on a freezing cold day! It has a ton of protein from the lentils and the sausage, plus some good iron and vitamin K from the kale. Add a few potatoes, some broth, and you’ve got a stew going! ;)
This slow cooker lentil, sausage, and kale soup is:
- dairy free and gluten free
- top 8 allergen free
- easy to make during a busy week
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Lentil, Sausage, and Kale Soup.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 cup French green lentils picked over and rinsed
- 2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes peeled and diced
- 1 ½ cups chicken sausage
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup kale ribs removed and torn into pieces
- Put the chicken sausage in a frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil and cook over medium heat until browned. Drain on a paper towel lined plate, then slice into coins.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, celery, lentils, potatoes, chicken sausages, broth, and spices in the slow cooker. Cook for 4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low, until lentils are tender.
- Five minutes before serving, stir in the kale and place the lid back on the slow cooker.
- Serve once the kale is wilted.
If you’re looking for another dairy free slow cooker meal, try this chicken lemon rice soup.