Gluten free and vegan chocolate chip banana pancakes are a delicious weekend breakfast option! Cozy up to a nice stack of pancakes and enjoy a lazy morning!
Well, it finally snowed here! It started snowing on Sunday, and it actually stuck! So everything looks all nice and pretty outside now.
And we are nice and snug inside, and doing cozy things like making chocolate chip banana pancakes.
It can be difficult to make a fluffy pancake with out gluten or eggs. Those two ingredients really make pancakes nice and light and tender.
It’s one thing to remove gluten from pancakes – you can still make a decent pancake without it. But when you remove gluten and eggs…well, it gets a little bit tricky. There’s a chance that the pancake will be on the heavy and dense side. Which really isn’t what I’m looking for in a pancake.
But…this recipe is fairly easy to throw together, and makes wonderful chocolate chip banana pancakes that taste and feel just like pancakes should.
These pancakes start out with a gluten free baking mix by King Arthur. This baking mix is different from a gluten free flour blend because it includes a few other ingredients like baking soda and salt. So if you make these, I would suggest finding this exact mix – that way you know they’ll turn out. I’ve seen it at Whole Foods, Meijer, Kroger, and other health food stores, in addition to Amazon, of course.
These are such a big hit at our house – my boys love them! And if you’re like me and always have overripe bananas lying around, this is a great way to use one up.
These gluten free and vegan chocolate chip banana pancakes are:
- light and fluffy
- loaded with chocolate chips
- perfect for an easy Saturday morning
Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes.
- Place the overripe banana in a mixing bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the sugar and oil and stir well. Add the gluten free baking mix and non-dairy milk. Stir well.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir again.
- Place 1 1/2 tablespoons of vegan buttery spread in a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Once the butter is sizzling, spoon the pancakes into the pan.
- Reduce heat just slightly, and cook until you see that the edges of the pancake are done. These take a while to cook, it might be about 3-5 minutes before it's time to flip them!
- Continue to cook on the other side until cooked through and golden brown.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve with vegan butter spread and maple syrup.
Serving size is two small pancakes.