A delicious and easy recipe for vegan hot fudge sauce – this recipe is just right for all your dessert needs!
What’s better than dairy free ice cream for dessert? How about delicious dairy free hot fudge sundaes? Made with amazing homemade vegan hot fudge?
Now we’re talking, right?
Many of us with food allergies avoid ice cream parlors because of the hazards they contain. Nuts in ice cream, nuts in toppings, ice cream that contains dairy, you know how it goes.
But it can be a bit frustrating because sometimes you just want to treat yourself to an awesome ice cream sundae with hot fudge and toppings.
You can still enjoy these kinds of desserts. You just have to get creative and make them yourself.
The first step is to find a brand of dairy free ice cream you love. We like So Delicious brand, but you’ll need to do your research and find a brand that works for your needs. Then the second step is to make this hot fudge sauce. It’s SO rich and decadent – you’ll want to eat it by the spoonful!
- 1½ Tablespoons vegan buttery spread
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free flour
- 1 cup dairy free milk
- 4 Tablespoons pure cocoa powder
- 3½ Tablespoons sugar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Melt buttery spread in a heavy bottomed sauce pan. Add gluten free flour, and stir.
- Slowly drizzle in 1 cup dairy free milk. Stir until it starts to thicken.
- Add cocoa, sugar, and salt, whisk thoroughly. Keep stirring until it is the desired consistency. Don’t let it boil. If it starts to get too thick, drizzle in a little more dairy free milk.
- Remove from heat, and pour on top of coconut milk ice cream. Top with sprinkles or other toppings. Enjoy!
Keeps well in the refrigerator, if you have any left. It kind of turns pudding-ish, and may or may not be delicious eaten straight out of the jar. I wouldn’t know anything about that. ;)
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Gluten Free and Vegan Sugar Cookie Bars. - February 13, 2017
- Chocolate Valentine Cupcakes (Gluten Free, Vegan). - February 9, 2017
- Sweet and Spicy Barbecue Sauce. - February 6, 2017