Super creamy vanilla coconut ice cream is swirled with rich brownie batter for an extra special frozen treat!
I know, it’s the weekend…and I’m posting a recipe. Weird, right?
But I just couldn’t wait. I made this dairy free brownie batter ice cream and I knew I had to share it with you as soon as humanly possible. It’s SO good. I used coconut milk, so it’s extra creamy, and I made a simple, four ingredient brownie batter that I swirled into the ice cream.
Look at that ice cream…it’s sinful, isn’t it?
The brownie batter is really delicious – no eggs of course, so there’s really nothing stopping you from eating this batter with a spoon. I almost wanted to just make little brownie bites with it and store them in the fridge. You know, it case I had a brownie batter emergency. :)
I used white spelt flour to make this batter, and vegan buttery spread. Feel free to use any flour that works with your diet – all-purpose flour, gluten free flour, or coconut flour would all be fine.
I love So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk for making ice cream – the tasty and consistency is just right. If you can’t find that, I would recommend any brand of coconut cream. I think you’ll love this dairy free brownie batter ice cream – it’s such a fun summer treat for a party or just for any day!Creamy, delicious dairy free ice cream swirled with rich brownie batter. Such a great summer treat!Click To Tweet
Dairy Free Brownie Batter Ice Cream.
For the brownie batter:
- Place the ingredients for the brownie batter into a bowl and stir well. If the flour you use makes the batter too dry, add a little more melted buttery spread. Place the batter into the refrigerator to chill.
- Put the culinary coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in your ice cream maker.
- Process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the ice cream is done processing, stop the machine and stir in the brownie batter.
- Serve immediately, or store in the freezer. If you store in the freezer, you will need to allow time for the ice cream to thaw slightly before eating.
*You can use any flour that works with your diet - all-purpose flour, gluten free flour, or coconut flour would all be fine.
** I used Two 11 ounce containers of So Delicious Culinary Coconut Milk*
I hope this treat sweetens your weekend for you!