Hello, hello! How was your weekend? It seems like it flew by here, even though we were home. We did lots of grocery shopping and some cooking, and before I knew it, Sunday night was here.
I found time this weekend to try out one of my Christmas presents, this Oster Blender (affiliate link). My blender/food processor died awhile ago, and then I was borrowing one from my mom, but I really wanted to get one with more power and with a glass pitcher. And this blender…wow! I’m actually pretty sure that I have never had a blender that worked properly! I am so pleased with this one – I put everything in, and it literally blends everything up in just seconds. Here is a picture of my new
best friend blender:
I whipped up a batch of creamy pesto sauce to go over some gluten free penne that we had in the cupboard. I used spinach, garlic, and walnuts, so it’s packed with nutrients and flavor. And with the right blender or processor, it comes together in a flash, and is ready to pour over your favorite pasta. The pesto sauce is paleo friendly, too, you’d just need to put on something other than pasta. Fish or chicken would be a good choice.
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 large handfuls fresh spinach
- 1.5 Tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more for topping
- Put all ingredients in blender or food processor – blend, starting on low, then finish on high speed.
- Serve over pasta of your choice (I used gluten free penne), or chicken or fish. Add more salt or pepper if needed. Top with more red pepper flakes as desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator, it tastes even better the next day.
Did you get a Christmas present that you love? What was it?
Linking up to some of these parties.