Raspberry lemon chia seed muffins are a delicious vegan treat! Perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Hello, Saturday! I made muffins. Let’s start the weekend off right!
You know, with muffins, and tea, and reading the newspaper, and chatting.
Ha! More like wolf down a muffin, make toast for those who won’t eat a muffin (?), find out boys want bacon for breakfast, too, look for pants for older son, sweep the floor free of muffin crumbs, freak out because we don’t have anything planned for dinner, and on and on…
I’m kidding (kind of), and even though our mornings can be crazy, this is such a sweet season. These two boys of mine are at such precious ages right now. Baby Bee has learned to say, “I don’t know, Mama,” but it sounds like, “I nah-no, Mama.” So darling, and he says it often. Example: Me: “What’s your favorite color?” Baby Bee: Serious, thinking face, “I nah-no, Mama.” :)
Anyway, back to these raspberry lemon chia seed muffins. These are so easy. They are dairy and egg free, but they are really light, and they rise nicely. And I’m of the opinion that everyone should have an easy egg free recipe for those times when you have just run out of eggs, but want to bake something.
You can use different berries if you want to, any berry would work. These raspberry lemon chia seed muffins are light and delicious – you have to try them!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Raspberry Lemon Chia Seed Muffins.
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and lemon zest.
- Add the almond milk, canola oil, vanilla, lemon juice, and mix together. Don’t over stir.
- Add the raspberries and chia seeds and stir gently.
- Fill the muffin cups about 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes. The muffin tops should spring back when pressed.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes, then remove the muffins from the pan and cool on a wire rack.
Enjoy your weekend! What do you have planned?