An easy and healthy slow cooker chili – sweet potato, quinoa, and beans make this a filling and flavorful dish!
This is just going to be one of those weeks. I can already tell. I have a recital on Friday, with rehearsals during the week with my pianist, Darryl has lessons to teach, the boys have homeschool activities to attend – it’s just going to be really crazy.
It’s times like these that I need to rely on my slow cooker. If I don’t rely on it, we won’t eat. :) Or we’ll wind up eating frozen pizza and chicken nuggets.
But this easy recipe is so filling and so flavorful, and it truly just takes a few minutes to throw in the slow cooker, so I know I will make it at least once this week.
The hardest part is dicing the sweet potatoes! Everything else is quick – just dump it in the slow cooker, put the lid on, and go about your day. It couldn’t be any easier to make, and it’s very hearty and comforting for a chilly winter evening.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Quinoa Chili.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can white beans drained and rinsed
- 1 32 ounce box of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch + 2 Tablespoons water
- Toppings: avocado cilantro, green onions for garnish
Place the olive oil, chopped onions, sweet potatoes, beans, broth, quinoa, corn, and spices in a slow cooker.
Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 7-8 hours.
After the cooking time, combine the cornstarch and water in a small container with a lid and shake well, then add to the chili. Stir well. Place the lid on and let it cook for 15 more minutes to thicken.
Serve with toppings of your choice.
Latest posts by Kelly Roenicke (see all)
- Homemade Dairy Free Ranch Dressing. - April 7, 2017
- Vegan Chocolate Truffle Easter Eggs. - April 5, 2017
- Chocolate Gingerbread Mug Cake (Gluten Free and Vegan). - March 30, 2017