Gluten free beef stroganoff is a hearty and comforting winter meal. Delicious beef in a flavorful sauce – it’s a cozy meal that everyone will enjoy!
Don’t you just love a nice, comforting, hot meal in the fall?
Beef stroganoff is one of those recipes from when I was a kid that I remember always involving Cream of This or That Soup. I gave those soups up long before we cut out dairy just due to the excess salt and the yucky ingredients in there. So when I crave a meal that used to involve those soups, I have to take a little time to make adjustments and make it taste yummy and creamy without relying on a canned soup.
I recently decided that I wanted to make gluten free beef stroganoff, and this is the recipe I came up with. It is really good, although a little bit different from the recipe I grew up with. This sauce is a lighter than that recipe, and not quite as rich.
Lots of mushrooms plus the beef make this a very filling and satisfying meal. Worcestershire sauce adds depth to the sauce, and almond milk helps make a creamy base. You may wonder about what brands of Worcestershire sauce are gluten free – the Lea and Perrins brand is gluten free and works well in this recipe.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Gluten Free Beef Stroganoff.
Hearty and delicious, gluten free beef stroganoff is a great winter meal.
- 1.5 pounds sirloin steak
- 1 onion chopped
- 6 ounces white button mushrooms sliced
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free flour blend
- 2 teaspoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups non-dairy milk
- 12 ounces gluten free pasta cooked according to package directions
- chives optional
- Slice the sirloin steak super thin and saute with the onions and mushrooms in a large skillet.
- Once the steak is cooked through, remove the steak and vegetables to a bowl while you make the sauce in the skillet.
Add the gluten free flour to the pan drippings and stir. Slowly add the non-dairy milk and whisk to thicken.
- Add the salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce. Stir, then add the beef and vegetables, and heat through.
- Serve over pasta and top with chives if desired.
This gluten free beef stroganoff is:
- filling and comforting
- dairy free and free of many top allergens
- the perfect recipe for Sunday dinner
Do you have a favorite fall meal? Have you tried remaking any of your favorite recipes from when you were a kid?