Blackberries and cream popsicles are a healthy way to stay cool this summer! Gluten free, dairy free, and vegan.
We are loving popsicles and ice cream over here this week, because it’s been a bit more summery feeling! (Finally!)
Seriously, I am so grateful for this level of summer heat. We’re in the upper 70’s to low 80’s, and that works for me! I’m not one who wants a super frying hot summer. I don’t even mind if we don’t hit 90 degrees, that’s when I tend to hide inside with the AC on and a popsicle in my hand.
We’re starting to see more and more local berries in the stores and farmer’s markets, and they are so delicious. Blackberries are one of my very favorite berries (especially when they’re ripe, not bitter like they are in winter time).
This is a simple recipe for blackberries and cream popsicles, and it’s one that you can feel good about, too! Lots of blackberries are a great source of fiber, magnesium, and vitamin C. The yogurt adds calcium and probiotics. When combined, it’s kind of like eating a blackberry pie with ice cream. So good.
If you’re looking for a lighter popsicle, these two ingredient strawberry watermelon popsicles are super refreshing, too!
Blackberries and Cream Popsicles.
- 1 1/2 cups blackberries
- 1 1/4 Tablespoons sugar
- 6 ounces SO Delicious vanilla cultured coconut milk yogurt
- Place the blackberries and sugar in the blender. Blend on high speed until smooth.
- Place a fine mesh strainer over a bowl and pour the blackberry puree in and press it through with a spoon, leaving the seeds behind.
- Spoon the blackberry puree and the yogurt in the popsicle molds, making layers as you go.
- Insert the sticks and freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.
This recipe is easy to double or even triple to accommodate the size and shape of your popsicle mold.
How are you staying cool this summer?