Cool off with these watermelon kiwi popsicles. They’re full of fruit and a healthy dessert for summer!
Good morning…how are you this Monday morning? Does it feel like a popsicle kind of day?
I’m in post-party mode over here. I hosted a crafty get-together yesterday, which was super fun! I’m tired today but have a clean house, a new handmade wreath on my front door, and a fridge full of leftovers, so it’s a good day! (I also just ate a cupcake for breakfast, so it’s an extra good day. ;)
One of the salads I made was Laurie’s copycat J. Alexander’s Wild Rice and Orzo Salad. If you’ve never made it, you really should try it, especially for a party. It’s so good, and it makes a ton of servings, so it’s great for a crowd. I used gluten free orzo, and I subbed agave for the honey since we had a vegan guest.
Since it’s kind of a lazy day around here, I thought I’d share a super simple popsicle recipe with you. These watermelon kiwi pops are the perfect summery treat. Simple, refreshing, and fun, these colorful pops are a great dessert to have in your freezer for hot days.
I used the worst kiwis in the world for this recipe. Seriously, they ripened but never got sweet – they were like lemons! Ugh. If you have normal kiwi fruit, you can probably reduce the amount of sugar, or use another sweetener of your choice.
Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles.
- 3 1/2 cups seedless watermelon cubes
- 3 kiwi peeled and sliced
- 4 teaspoons sugar optional, amount may vary based on your kiwi
- Put the watermelon cubes in a blender, and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour watermelon into popsicle molds, filling each one about two-thirds full.
- Place sticks in the molds and freeze until watermelon is firm, about 2 hours.
- Place the kiwi and sugar in the blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Pour the kiwi mixture into the popsicle molds.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours.
This recipe made eight popsicles using this mold. If you have a smaller popsicle mold, just reduce the amount of fruit, or make it all and drink the leftovers – watermelon juice is the best!
How was your weekend?