These easy carrot noodles are a delicious way to enjoy carrots! Kids and adults love this very simple side dish, and you can make this without any fancy kitchen tools!
A spiralizer is a handy kitchen tool to have if you eat a lot of vegetable noodles. But if you don’t have a spiralizer, you can still enjoy veggie noodles! In fact, I prefer to make carrot noodles with a peeler It’s easy to make these with a vegetable peeler, and the noodles are much thinner and more tender when made this way.
If you are avoiding gluten, vegetable noodles can be a great alternative. They are also a great way to get more veggies into your family’s diet.
You can make carrot noodles using a hand-held peeler. I use a palm vegetable peeler, but any type should work well. If you have a spiralizer, you can use that to make these, but they may take a little longer to cook.
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel the carrots and trim the ends.
- Once the skin is off, continue to use the peeler to create long, thin strips of carrot.
- Saute the noodles in olive oil and use in any recipe you wish, or serve them plain!
If you’d like to leave the onions out, you can use chives or cilantro to add flavor. You can also just make them with peas and salt and freshly ground pepper.
This recipe includes garlic, onions, and peas, and it’s the perfect light side dish. You can serve these alongside fish or chicken. You can also use carrot noodles as a base for a stir fry.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should stay fresh for about 4 days.
You can freeze vegetable noodles – just store in a ziploc freezer bag and remove all the air before placing in the freezer.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Carrot Noodles.
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 ½ Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound carrots
- ½ cup peas
- salt and pepper
- Saute the chopped onion and minced garlic in the olive oil over medium heat.
- While the onion and garlic cook, prepare the carrots. Peel the carrots and trim the ends, and discard. Then continue to peel the carrots, making long thin strips.
- Place the carrot noodles in the pan with the garlic and onions. Cook until the carrots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the peas, and cook until they are heated through. Season with salt and pepper. Serve right away.