There’s nothing like a warm pumpkin spice muffin in the fall. These delicious and flavorful chocolate chip pumpkin muffins are gluten free, vegan, and so easy to make. Bake a batch this weekend – your family will thank you!
What’s the first thing you think of when you think of fall and winter baking?
Cinnamon? Cookies? Pumpkin spice?
If the answer is pumpkin spice, then do I have a recipe for you!
These pumpkin chocolate chip muffins are delicious, easy to make, tender, and have a fantastic texture.
You may have tried to bake pumpkin treats that are gluten free and egg free before and had an issue with texture. These muffins don’t have any issues – they aren’t gummy or dense. These are light, fluffy, and perfect!
The secret to the excellent texture here is letting the pumpkin work as the egg replacer – you’ll notice there are not any flax eggs included – and using a combination of a gluten free flour blend and oat flour.
Whether you make these for breakfast or dessert, I think you’ll love them!
- Gluten Free Flour Blend – Namaste Perfect Flour Blend works very well in this recipe, and it’s easy to find in many stores. This recipe also works with spelt flour, or you could even use all-purpose flour if you don’t have any issues with wheat.
- Oat Flour – You can either purchase gluten free oat flour, or make your own oat flour. Be sure to use certified gluten free oats to make sure there’s no cross contamination with gluten.
- Pumpkin Puree – I like to use Libby’s canned 100% pure pumpkin for all of my pumpkin desserts. Make sure you use pure pumpkin, and not pumpkin pie filling.
- Oil – I recommend using organic canola oil or melted vegan buttery spread in this recipe.
- Chocolate Chips – We love Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips, but feel free to use any brand of chocolate chips that works for your dietary needs.
Step by Step Instructions
- Place the oil, pumpkin puree, sugars, and vanilla extract in a bowl and stir well.
- Add the oat flour, gluten free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and spices.
- Stir well to combine.
- Stir in the dairy free chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into a muffin pan that has been lined with paper liners.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 22-24 minutes. Allow the muffins to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
👩🏻🍳 Are you ready to learn more about gluten free and vegan baking? Join my community today and get emails with delicious recipes that really work!
If you know these will be a big hit with your family, you can save time and bake a double batch, then freeze some of them to have on hand for a quick breakfast.
Just place them in a freezer bag or freezer safe container. They should stay fresh frozen for about 3 months.
To reheat them, just warm them up for about 20 seconds in the microwave, or take a few out the night before to thaw.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins (Gluten Free, Vegan).
- ⅓ cup organic canola oil or melted vegan buttery spread
- ⅔ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup coconut sugar or organic cane sugar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ½ cup gluten free flour blend
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- ¾ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners.
- Place the canola oil, pumpkin, sugars, and vanilla in a bowl and stir to combine.⅓ cup organic canola oil, ⅔ cup canned pumpkin, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, ½ cup coconut sugar, ½ cup light brown sugar
- Add the oat flour, gluten free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.¾ cup oat flour, ½ cup gluten free flour blend, ½ teaspoon baking powder, ½ teaspoon baking soda, ¼ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon, pinch nutmeg
- Stir until combined. Add the dairy free chocolate chips and stir again.¾ cup dairy free chocolate chips
- Fill the cupcake liners two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 22-24 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for a about 15 minutes in the pan, then move them to a wire rack to finish cooling.