Coconut milk chocolate mini muffins are tender, light, and delicious. These are great for packing in school lunch boxes!
What sounds good on a weekend morning? Something baked and chocolate? Oh good, because that’s what I made!
There’s nothing like a little weekend baking, and these chocolate mini muffins are the perfect weekend dessert! I wanted to bake a treat to send over to our neighbors, and we had plenty of spelt flour and chocolate in the house, so these mini muffins seemed like a good idea.
These muffins are incredibly moist and tender thanks to the non-dairy yogurt. I made these with spelt flour, but you could use a gluten free flour blend if you prefer.
And I think I must have snow on the brain this winter, because I just couldn’t resist giving these chocolate mini muffins a sugary coating on top. It looks so pretty against the chocolate. :)
Chocolate Mini Muffins.
A vegan recipe for chocolate mini muffins. So easy to make and to eat...bet you can't eat just one!
- 1 cup whole spelt flour whole wheat flour would also work
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk I used So Delicious Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup non-dairy vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread melted
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons granulated sugar for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two mini muffin tins with paper liners. You will need about 20 liners. Put the 1 1/2 tablespoons of granulated sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the spelt flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- Add the melted buttery spread, yogurt, coconut milk, vanilla extract, and vinegar.
- Mix together with a spoon.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter into the mini muffin cups. The batter should come up to the top of the paper liner.
- Bake at 350 for about 12-15 minutes. The top of the muffin should spring back when pressed.
- Let the muffins cool for 5 minutes and then take them out one at a time and dip the top of each muffin into the sugar to coat.
I hope you’re having a great weekend!