Baked sweet potato fries are an easy, tasty side dish that goes so well with burgers, chicken, or fish. These fries are perfectly seasoned and loved by kids and adults!
But my favorite way to eat them is really the simplest – baked sweet potato fries.
With some olive oil and a few seasonings, it’s easy to make tasty baked fries. These are a favorite with both kids and adults.
You can make as many sweet potato fries as you want – just double or triple the amount in the recipe. You’ll want to use a couple of baking sheets, and make sure that they aren’t overcrowded. If the fries are too close together, you’ll wind up with fries that are either underdone or too soggy.
This is such an easy side dish, and it’s a nice change from traditional french fries.
- Sweet Potatoes – Sometimes people get confused about whether they are buying sweet potatoes or yams. Yams have dark, rough skin and white flesh inside. You don’t want those! Sweet potatoes have reddish skin that’s mostly smooth, and the flesh inside is orange.
- Olive Oil – I use olive oil for roasting vegetables, and it works well. I use Extra Virgin Olive Oil from California Olive Ranch. Feel free to use any brand of olive oil that works best for your dietary needs.
- Spices – Garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper, add flavor to these fries.
Step by Step Instructions
- Peel the sweet potatoes and slice them into fries that are about one centimeter thick.
- Toss the fries with the olive oil and the seasonings. Spread them out on two baking sheets.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for about 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Enjoy!
🍽 Looking for more comforting dinner recipes? Join my community to get delicious gluten free, dairy free, and top 9 free recipes in your inbox each week!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Seasoned Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Peel the sweet potatoes, and slice them into thin strips, about a centimeter thick. You don’t have to go too thin, because they will burn.
- Toss the sweet potato fries with the olive oil and the seasonings. Spread out on the two cookie sheets, make sure that they are not overcrowded.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Stir the fries several times during baking. They are done when they are tender and there are some browned edges.