A delicious curried quinoa broccoli salad is the perfect addition to your summer meal! Gluten free, dairy free, and so flavorful.
My recent discovery: I can’t stop making quinoa salads.
They are just so easy to make, and you can add anything at all to them and they pretty much taste amazing! I tend to make them when I have no idea what else to make for lunch. Quinoa is great because it has a lot of iron, protein, and fiber, plus it’s gluten free! Perfect.
This curried quinoa broccoli salad is very easy to throw together for a summer barbecue or picnic. The crunchy broccoli and sweet cranberries are a nice contrast, and the curried dressing ties all the flavors together very well. If you are vegan, go ahead and use maple syrup rather than honey.
If you are making this curried quinoa broccoli salad ahead of time, I would recommend storing the dressing in a jar and mixing it into the salad just before serving. If you do it too early, the quinoa will absorb a lot of the dressing (just like pasta salad).
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Curried Quinoa Broccoli Salad.
A light and summer curried quinoa broccoli salad that's full of color and flavor.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 1/2 cups broccoli chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet onion chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Prepare the quinoa according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Once the quinoa is cool, place it in a large bowl and add the chopped broccoli, onion, and dried cranberries. Toss together.
- Put all of the ingredients for the dressing in a jar with a lid. Shake well to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix well to coat.
- Serve immediately. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
If you want a little more crunch, and can eat nuts, some slivered almonds would be a nice addition to this salad as well!
This curried quinoa broccoli salad is:
- great for packing in lunches
- perfect for a potluck
- a colorful, healthy addition to any party
What recipe can’t you stop making these days?