If you’re looking for a quick and flavorful pasta dish, try this garlic shrimp and fresh tomato pasta. This simple recipe is perfect for those nights when you just don’t know what to make for dinner. This recipe is gluten free and dairy free, and so tasty!
When you’re having a busy week, it can be easy to skip making dinner. Grabbing take-out is so tempting when you’re short on time! But it’s nice to have a home cooked meal even if you’re busy.
If you need a quick meal that’s a little more refined, this is it. It’s only about 30 minutes or so from start to finish to whip up this shrimp pasta.
This dish is easy to make quickly, and has a lot of flavor from fresh garlic and tomatoes. Frozen shrimp cooks quickly, and when you serve all of this over gluten free pasta, it makes a filling, delicious dinner.
- Shrimp – You’ll want to get large, frozen shrimp that have been shelled. This is a pretty common ingredient to find in the freezer section of any grocery store.
- Tomatoes – Cherry tomatoes or grape tomatoes are delicious when cooked quickly with garlic and shrimp.
- Gluten Free Pasta – I like serving this over gluten free spaghetti or linguine. Some brands to look into are Jovial, Tinkyada, or Ancient Harvest.
Step by Step Instructions
- Cook the gluten free pasta according to package directions, then drain in a colander.
- Cook the garlic in the vegan buttery spread and olive oil. Add the shrimp to the pan, and cook over medium heat until it becomes pink and opaque.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, and pepper to the pan.
- Add the cooked pasta and stir well.
- Season with more salt and pepper if needed, and top with fresh herbs if desired.
You can add different ingredients to this dish if you like. Try adding:
- green beans
- fresh spinach
- a splash of fresh lemon juice
🍽 Looking for more comforting dinner recipes? Join my community to get delicious gluten free, dairy free, and top 9 free recipes in your inbox each week!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Garlic Shrimp and Tomato Pasta.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- Put the garlic, vegan buttery spread, and olive oil in a large skillet and cook on medium heat.
- Place the shrimp in a colander and rinse under cool running water to thaw.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet. Cook for about 7 minutes until the shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Add the salt and pepper to the skillet. Add the tomatoes and stir.
- Add the cooked pasta to the skillet, and stir to combine. Season with more salt and pepper, and top with fresh parsley if desired.