Gluten free blueberry lemon bars are a great dessert to make with fresh summer blueberries.
Who’s loving blueberries right now? Anyone else besides me?
These gluten free blueberry lemon bars are a really good recipe to make when you don’t mind turning the oven on…so probably not this week. :) I love the flavor of the blueberries with the lemon – yum!
The buttery, lemony shortbread crust on these is so delicious! These are a real treat – perfect for a party or church potluck.
This recipe for gluten free blueberry lemon bars is a favorite that I adapted from Summer Harms.
Gluten Free Blueberry Lemon Bars.
A delicious and rich recipe for gluten free blueberry lemon bars.
For the crust and topping:
For the berry filling:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup light sour cream
- 4 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour blend
- 4 cups blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 pan and line with parchment paper.
- Zest two lemons. Pour 1 1/2 cups of sugar into a bowl and work the lemon zest into the sugar with the back of a spoon.
Combine lemon sugar, gluten free flour, salt and butter and mix on medium speed until forms large crumbs.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of the crust mixture to use as the topping. Place the rest of the mixture into the bottom of the pan and press flat.
- Bake crust for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown - this may take longer with your gluten free flour blend. Let crust cool while you prepare the filling.
- For filling: whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add sugar, sour cream, lemon juice, flour, and salt. Add berries and pour the mixture evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle reserved topping over filling.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned.
I really love the way the lemon zest and juice gives these bars a nice bright flavor!
I think you’ll love these gluten free blueberry lemon bars. They’re:
- a great way to enjoy fresh summer fruit
- perfect with a cup of hot tea or coffee
- rich, buttery, and lemony