This no-bake patriotic berry tart is the perfect holiday dessert! This is an easy and delicious dessert to serve at a summer party. You will love the combination of the chocolate cookie crust, creamy filling, and fresh berries.
With the 4th of July just around the corner, it’s time to share an easy, fun dessert that is red, white, and blue.
This simple no-bake tart is light and delicious, and it’s allergy friendly, too. It starts with an Oreo cookie crust (use any chocolate sandwich cookies that fit your diet, there are plenty of options to choose from, including vegan and gluten free), and then has a cream cheese layer, a whipped topping layer, and plenty of patriotic raspberries and blueberries.
It’s easy to use non-dairy cream cheese and whipped topping to keep this dessert vegan and dairy free.
This patriotic berry tart is such an easy dessert to put together, and everyone loves the combination of a cookie crust, creamy filing, and fresh fruit. It’s perfect for your Fourth of July festivities!
- Dairy Free Cream Cheese – Since we are dairy free, I used Daiya cream cheese. That’s the brand that works for us. You are welcome to use a different brand if you like.
- Dairy Free Whipped Topping – SO Delicious Coco Whip is our favorite whipped topping. You can use a different dairy free whipped topping if you like.
- Cookies – There are a few options out there for a cookie crust. Regular oreos are vegan, and they do have a gluten free version now as well. Kinnikinnick makes gluten free oreo-type cookies called K-toos, and they are delicious. You could use Enjoy Life Crunchy Chocolate Cookies, or a gluten free graham cracker if you like.
- The great thing about this dessert is that if you aren’t dairy free, you can use regular cream cheese and whipped topping like Cool-Whip and it will still be great!
- Use the ingredients that work for you – you can’t mess this berry tart up, it’s super simple. You could even make your own coconut whipped cream if you wanted to, but it will have a stronger coconut flavor if you do that.
- If you prefer to use different berries, that’s okay! Strawberries, blackberries, and even cherries would work well in this recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
- Pulse the chocolate cookies in a food processor, and add the vegan buttery spread and pulse until the mixture comes together.
- Press the cookie mixture into a tart pan or pie plate.
- Top the cookie crust with the cream cheese and Coco Whip mixture. Then top with the remaining Coco Whip.
- Arrange the berries over the top of the tart. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Patriotic Berry Tart with Oreo Cookie Crust.
For the crust:
- 24 chocolate sandwich cookies Oreos or a similar cookie
- ¼ cup vegan buttery spread melted
For the cream cheese layer:
- ½ cup Daiya cream cheese or regular cream cheese
- ½ cup SO Delicious Coco Whip or Cool-Whip
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar sifted
For the whipped layer:
- 1 ½ cups Coco Whip or Cool-Whip
- raspberries and blueberries for on top
- Place the cookies in the food processor and grind up until they resemble coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter and pulse until mixed together.
- Press the crust mixture into the bottom and sides of a 10-inch tart pan. Use your hands to press it down firmly.
- In a medium bowl, mix the ½ cup of cream cheese, ½ cup of sifted confectioner’s sugar, and ½ cup of whipped topping. Mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie crust.
- Top with the remaining whipped topping and use a spatula to smooth it out.
- Arrange the berries on top in the design of your choice.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving.