These honey mustard grilled chicken tenders are an easy and delicious summer meal! The marinade is made with just a few ingredients, but results in tender, flavorful chicken!
I am soooo ready for summer! Michigan has lost its marbles and for some reason thinks it’s still wintertime with temperatures in the 30’s, grey skies, and rain/sleet. It’s marvelous. :(
Anyway, while we wait for the REAL spring and summer season, I’m getting some easy and tasty warm weather recipes ready for you! Starting with a simple, flavorful honey mustard chicken recipe.
We like these honey mustard grilled chicken tenders with white rice and extra sauce on the side. These would also be perfect served on a salad with honey mustard dressing.
These chicken tenders are easy to grill indoors, too! On really chilly days, we just use our George Foreman grill – that way no one gets snowed on while watching the chicken cook. :)
Make these honey mustard grilled chicken tenders for:
- a summer barbecue
- an easy family meal
- a simple protein topping for a salad
Honey Mustard Grilled Chicken Tenders.
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
For dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup mustard
- 3 Tablespoons honey
- white rice
- green onion
- Whisk together the 2 tablespoons mustard, 2 tablespoons honey, 2 tablespoons olive oil, and salt. Place the chicken tenders and the marinade in a ziploc bag and seal it. Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- Heat the grill to medium high. Lightly oil the grill grates. Place the marinated chicken tenders on the grill, and cook for about 10-15 minutes, turning a few times, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees.*
- Whisk the 1/4 cup mustard and 3 Tablespoons honey together in a small bowl.
- Serve the chicken tenders with the dipping sauce and rice, a salad, or any other side of your choosing.
* I've made these on my George Foreman grill, and it's super quick! They only take about 5-6 minutes to reach a temperature of 165 degrees.
Are you ready for grilling like me? Are you still experiencing winter weather where you are?
Follow my board on Pinterest for more delicious chicken recipes!
Follow The Pretty Bee (Allergy Friendly Eats)’s board Chicken Entree Recipes. on Pinterest.